Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #1841

Refilled the empty 30lb tank. Going to storage tonight after work to reinstall the full tank and take it home to get it ready for our next adventure!!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #1842

Took a picture of my X20E which I store behind my home, covered in Snow and started looking forward to camping season where DW and I have already booked for at least 30 Nights already. I just don't know if I should laugh or cry.
And yes, I use my snow blower to make a path so I can get inside and check on it periodically.

Note: My neighbor spotted my Storage arrangment when he and his family moved in about 3 years ago and started parking his TT back there as well so we're like a little trailer park, LOL

Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #1843

Found a bit of a mildew problem today in the bunk area of my 26BH, in the back corner, right over the water heater. I just use the area for storage. The mildew was forming on the upper and lower mattresses.

I took the mattress pads outside and aired them out, then brushed them off. I ran a fan in the bunk area for a few hours to dry things out. Mildew was slight, but I can smell it on the mattresses. I guess I'll run a fan back there every once in a while to move the air around.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #1844
Site Team

Started packing for a trip to central Florida next week.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #1845

Booked three trips for this year. South Carolina, Jersey Shore, and Lake George.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #1846

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Found a bit of a mildew problem today in the bunk area of my 26BH, in the back corner, right over the water heater. I just use the area for storage. The mildew was forming on the upper and lower mattresses.

I took the mattress pads outside and aired them out, then brushed them off. I ran a fan in the bunk area for a few hours to dry things out. Mildew was slight, but I can smell it on the mattresses. I guess I'll run a fan back there every once in a while to move the air around.
Bill, you need one of these to get rid of that mildew. I can get more than 2 cups of water every week and im not even using it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #1847

Thanks Tunce. I've thought about getting a dehumidifier but never got around to it. I'll have to get one. But actually, I'd rather have been in the Arizona desert this winter again instead of up here by Puget Sound. LOL Kinda moist around these parts.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #1848

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post

Guess I'm gonna have to start taking a closer look at the back corner of those bunks. I've been pondering installing a fan for comfort purposes for the eventual inhabitants of the bottom bunk, but now I might do it to keep air flowing down there.

Last night I reinstalled my now full 30 lb LP tank, dragged her home from storage, ran out the awning to let it air out and dry, switched the WH valves back to their normal position (from winterize position), opened the propane valves and bled the air out of the system, function tested the LP mode on the fridge, made a batch of ice.

More projects slated for the rest of this week including replacing the pressure relief valve on the WH...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #1849

We set up a dehumidifier on our galley counter, connected a short hose to it so that it drains into the sink. It runs intermittently to keep the humidity down to about 40%. Have to do it down here or we get mold from any leak or condensation.
Catmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #1850

Regarding the mildew problem in the bunk area of my TT, I did some exploring today and found that the water heater (right under the bunk beds) has a slow leak at one of the water line fittings.

I tried to tighten the fitting, but it still leaked a little. I bypassed and drained the water heater for now. I'll figure out the best way to repair it one of these days.