Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #2181
Been pretty busy last two weeks. However, today I checked all systems on the new 20MRB to start a Punch List for the dealer. Well, dang! So far, everything works as it should!

Putzing with the television and integrated DVD/AM/FM etc. Noticed that watching standard broadcast, the sound does not go through the ceiling speakers. DVD playing and the sound is through the ceiling speakers.

Jensen TV speakers sound tinnier than a 1960s Japanese transistor radio.

Oh well, two audio cables and one removal of the player should fix it!

(Happy that's all I have to complain about!)

2015 White Hawk 20MRB
2011 F150 Non EcoBoost (5.0)
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #2182
Replaced another string in one of my day/night blinds. It gets pretty easy after doing it so many times. I've switched to using Mason's string instead of trying to find the "right" kind of blind cord. Works well. At least, good enough for me.

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Jay Flight 26BH
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #2183
Sanitized and flushed the Fresh Water system (yesterday). Turned on the heat at 5 AM as the temperature dropped below freezing. Will finish packing it up this morning and leave this afternoon for a weekend of camping.
Me, DW & our Choc Lab, Ghirardelli

2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4WD CC Dually 6.6L Diesel Allison Trans
2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS
Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #2184
Changed the oil in genset and engine in prep for a trip to Texas. Eliminated unnecessary weight restowed gear for convenience. Nice being retired!

Found all tires to be 15 psi lower than recommended. Brought them up to pressure. Hope to increase mileage. Evicted a family or wasps from the water heater access.

Can't wait to get going next week.
Chaplain Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #2185
Originally Posted by jaycojls View Post
Can you tell me more about this swivel mount?

Hey Jeremy, Sorry I just saw your post now.

So when I bought my X20E, it came with the TV Mount installed on the shelf above the fridge. The mount is secured to the base. The mount itself swings from left to right but it does not tilt down. That's a problem for watching tv because the viewing angle is not great and with these flat screens, it's important to have a good viewing angle. It was also hard on our necks because we had to look up and almost stretch to see the TV in terms of picture quality.

So I went out to a local store called the Source (Radio Shack) and bought the mount shown in the following image. I removed the TV off existing mount, Used a couple of self Tapping screws to attach back part of the mount to the existing mount, then attached the front part to the TV and put it all back together. So now I have the ability to TILT the TV up/down +5degree <-> -15 Degrees down as well as keeping the original ability to swing left to right. It is now much more comfortable to view the TV with straining necks/backs eyes.

TygerClaw LCD7402BLK 10"-22" Tilting Wall Mount - Black | Mounts | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca
Wayne, Kim, Mallory & Abby the Dog
2013 - Jayco Jayfeather - X20E
2012 - Toyota Tacoma DBLCB Sr5 with towing package
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #2186
took it to state park for first weekender of 2015!
2011 Jayco 28BHS
2005 F150 Platinum/Roush Package

dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #2187
I haven't done anything to my Jayco, yet. I'm kinda waiting for the weather to clear more than 1 day at a time to do some mods. I've purchased a few new items for it that I can't do it in one day. I'm not as fast as I used to be. Here's a few items I've bought.
Lend a Hand grab handle for the front door,
Wingman antenna booster,
vent cover for the bathroom vent,
and a Tornado black tank flush.
That's enough to get me started. LOL!
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #2188
Site Team
Drove home today from 8 days in Waynesville, NC. We left a few days early cause it was forecast-ed to rain this weekend there. Well we are home and it's raining here too.

Troubleshooting a flaky problem with my fridge. It shuts off when on gas, I am sure it is a bad push on connection and will find it tomorrow.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #2189
Sanitized and flushed the system on the GH yesterday, checked the psi in the tires, dug some more stuff out of the various hiding places in preparation of 1st trip of the year the end of April. Also scrubbed the roof and got it done for the summer (I hope). Today I washed the GH in preparation of waxing the monster this weekend if the weather will cooperate with me.
'08 Greyhawk 31SS
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #2190
Site Team
STARTED waxing it this evening. Front cap and about 10 feet down the street side done. Its a BIG TT but wow when you start hand waxing it seems to grow longer and taller😂😂

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote