Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #4641

What Did You Do To Your Jayco TODAY?

Just washed the camper and had planned to at least wax the front. But looks like I'm out of wax. I must have used the last bit waxing the camper last summer and forgot. Still beading pretty good so I guess it'll get waxed after the next trip...

Correction, jut found the wax... so off I go to wax a little...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #4642

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I think so too. Just makes me a little nervous not being able to test it before actually being at the next campground... I'm takin the original as well just as a backup. I need my ac during the summer lol!
Hey SouthCo, I installed that one too. It works great. You can test it. Just adjust the temp a few degrees below the room temp. What did I miss?
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #4643

Pulled it back home yesterday, 125 miles, from having some warranty repairs made at my dealer. Today I dewinterized, flushed, sanitized, and tested the water system. Remembered to put a filter in the filter can (this year) too!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #4644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasquez Kid View Post
Hey SouthCo, I installed that one too. It works great. You can test it. Just adjust the temp a few degrees below the room temp. What did I miss?

Thanks lol. I meant test at home where I don't have 50amp (or 30amp) electric hookup to run the ac. I'm sure it'll work fine but can't test until our next trip...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #4645

Yesterday, we pulled the trailer out of storage and parked it in front of the house. We washed the roof in anticipation of todays work with Eternabond and Dicor. We bought and installed a new Interstate battery and I started sanitizing the fresh water tank. We ran an extension cord from the garage out to the trailer so the new battery could remain fully charged. It seems odd to me that the brand new battery showed dead on the monitor panel? We left the trailer plugged in over night so the battery could charge. This morning it still showed dead?
Today we drained and refilled the FW tank, finished putting Eternabond on the items that didn't get done 2 weeks ago. Then we applied self-leveling Dicor to all the tape edges on the roof. After we were done, we put the trailer back in it's storage spot. We pulled the battery and brought it back to the house to hook up to a charger in the garage. We'll call the Interstate store when they are open tomorrow to inquire about this. We are going to ask for a replacement since it was down more than 50%. The pictures below show my progress with the Eternabond tape a couple of weeks ago. The last pictures are from today and show portions of the roof after applying the Dicor. Tomorrow we'll order some new Maxxis tires. I'm hoping the standard steel rims are rated to 65psi as I would like to move up to a load range D tire (I crawled under TT and looked on the inside of wheel for max PSI, but it wasn't there).
Attached Thumbnails
JaycoEternaBond1.jpg   JaycoEternaBond2.jpg   JaycoEternaBond3.jpg   JaycoDicor1.jpg   JaycoDicor2.jpg  

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #4646

Prepped for our first trip in the new 31fs. BUT . when I put the water filter in the canister is leaking. Anyone have ideas what might help?
dornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:24 PM   #4647

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornado View Post
Prepped for our first trip in the new 31fs. BUT . when I put the water filter in the canister is leaking. Anyone have ideas what might help?
Check and make sure the large o ring gasket is in place or it will leak.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #4648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Check and make sure the large o ring gasket is in place or it will leak.
Yea I tried that. It came winterized from the factory and I used the filter that came with it. Originally I used the filter wrench to give it a good tightening. Then I tried only using my hands. The filter mounting does not seem that sturdy so I am not reefing too hard. I was thinking teflon tape might help, but this is plastic on plastic so wasn't sure.
dornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #4649

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornado View Post
Yea I tried that. It came winterized from the factory and I used the filter that came with it. Originally I used the filter wrench to give it a good tightening. Then I tried only using my hands. The filter mounting does not seem that sturdy so I am not reefing too hard. I was thinking teflon tape might help, but this is plastic on plastic so wasn't sure.
Teflon tape is not suggested for use on plastic fittings, it is very slippery and easy to over tighten and causing cracks. What you may need is something like this.

LOCTITE No More Leaks Plastic Pipe Thread Sealant

Top Pick Loctite® No More Leaks™ Plastic Pipe Sealant seals plastic pipes and allows easy disassembly. Solvent based. Specially formulated without the added lubricity of PTFE to avoid cracked fittings caused by over-tightened plastic joints. Recommended for use on threaded plastic fittings carrying hot or cold water, i.e., industrial and agricultural plastic water pipe systems, or drainage systems.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #4650

Finally had a slab poured in the back to park the trailer. No more having to deal with leveling the trailer on my sloped driveway.
Attached Thumbnails
New Pad.jpg  
jerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #4651

We pulled our new 21QB out of storage on Saturday morning, brought her home and leveled her in the driveway. De-winterized her, fired up the water heater, added a support wall beneath the queen bed, then began moving our belongings in. Added a new battery along with a battery shutoff. Plan to wash her tonight and at least wax the front before our inaugural trip this weekend.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #4652

Trying to find where the water is leaking when I am using my black tank flush. Water is coming out between the shower wall and the cabinet next to the shower. Water is also running our underneath the camper. Took the inside panel out and water everywhere.... Ugh

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #4653

SouthCo, I've run my AC off a 20 Amp circuit several times at home and it works fine. Never had it blow the breaker at start-up. All you need is an adapter plug to go from the TT male connector to a standard 15 Amp male connector.

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #4654

During our last camping trip we had high winds and several downed trees in the area. As we were packing up I noticed several large branches on the ground near our space as a result of the high winds.

I hesitated sliding the slide-out in because of the potential that a branch may be on the roof of the slide-out. Normally I would have just climbed on the roof to check but had already secured the tote to the ladder and didn't want to take it off because it's a pain. So, I held my breath and slide it in without incident.

I got to thinking about ways to easily check the slide-out roof and decided to buy a selfie stick for my iPhone. I bought a highly rated one on Amazon for $9.99 with free shipping. Now all I will have to do is snap a photo to verify it is clear.

Ken

Old 05-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #4655

Thanks for the tip on the stick. I wondered how to do the same thing without having to drag a ladder around

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #4656

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog View Post
Finally had a slab poured in the back to park the trailer. No more having to deal with leveling the trailer on my sloped driveway.

Ahhhh,, you took all the fun you used to have out of it!!
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #4657

After yet another heavy down pour I noticed a rather small puddle of water in the front left corner by the head of the bed. This was a different location from where the window leak was coming in that I already fixed. When I took a closer look along the trim piece over the exterior front left corner I found two places, right at the overlap of two pieces of siding, where there were gaps in the putty/butyl tape large enough to easily slide a flat tooth pick in. As you can see in the picture below the tooth pick goes a long ways back - there is only about a 1/3 of it showing. After spraying a little water higher up to simulate some rain I was able to confirm that some water was entering these gaps. So a little Dicor No-sag fixes it up nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170521_185514.jpg  
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #4658

Put another ~470 miles on her yesterday, across western PA, OH and into IN. Fought a headwind most of the way across OH, and let's just say I had to make more fuel stops than anticipated.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #4659

We ordered new shoes for our TT today. We'll go in Thursday morning to get them installed. America's Tire (aka Discount Tire in some areas) has a Memorial Day special with $100.00 Visa rebate card. Plus, if you open an account with their credit company, there is another $60.00 rebate card. We opted to go with the Goodyear Endurance tires since they are made in the U.S.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #4660

We have a 2015 as well and I'm not even thinking of new tires yet. Is there a reason why you're changing them so soon?

Ken