Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 06:22 AM   #6701

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoiaDave View Post
Robkelly ...are you having yours fixed at the factory?
No, it's being done by CT Motor Cars & Coaches, an RV repair center near Hartford CT, using the Jayco repair procedure. They have been great to work with and took care of all the leg work with Jayco on the warranty coverage. They specialize in motor coaches (primarily Tiffin when they first opened) but do some work on towables, and in fact repainted the front caps on a number of Eagles a few years ago when they had the paint issues.

We were scheduled to go to the factory in late March but found this place and opted for a six hour vs. four day round trip to drop the rig off. They are going to repair a couple of other dings we picked up while on the road (appear to be from rocks kicking up) last summer while it's there too.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #6702

Took more snow off of roof.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #6703

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
OK, I missed my 1st day of the month preventative maintenance items yesterday, but today:

Run generator for 1.0 hrs under load (as soon as quiet time is over in 25 minutes)
Switch Norcold and water heater to propane for the day (already started)
Are you still at Jennings ferry? If so how's the water?
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #6704

robkelly

We were scheduled for August 2019 but I contacted Jayco in late February to add our rear roll up shade which would not retract. Jayco CS asked since we were delivering the RV to the factory (I did not want anyone towing my rig) could we possibly bring in at an earlier date. I asked her to provide a date and l will let them know. Well they provided a date of February 18th week. So we agreed and delivered the RV on Monday 18th. RV is said to be ready on Monday March 4th. We have kept in touch with Jayco service center on their progress.
SenoiaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:38 AM   #6705

We learned from our first camping trip that the Simmons mattress that is supplied with the Talon 313T is crap. I guess if I was smashed or extremely tired I could sleep on it. The wife purchased a 3" gel memory foam topper to go on it. I got a few weeks till my big trip down to AZ to see if it works. If not I'm gonna have a drinking problem lol!
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #6706

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonSlap View Post
We learned from our first camping trip that the Simmons mattress that is supplied with the Talon 313T is crap. I guess if I was smashed or extremely tired I could sleep on it. The wife purchased a 3" gel memory foam topper to go on it. I got a few weeks till my big trip down to AZ to see if it works. If not I'm gonna have a drinking problem lol!
Haha, it doesn’t sound like a drinking problem, Rather drinking solution!!!

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #6707

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
Are you still at Jennings ferry? If so how's the water?
I am still at Jennings. The water is down, but our bathhouse sewer system is recovering after getting flooded. We are closed, but have 7 hosts in residence at the moment from other Corps parks south of here that are still under water. We hope to be back open by the middle of next week.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:14 PM   #6708

Big day today. Took our stock 284BHOK out of storage for the following: installed a ProPride 3P hitch; Fastway flip jack; and Morryde cable reel. Removed the measly single Interstate 12V battery from the dealer and installed two Lion Energy lithium batteries under the main bed. Fabbed new battery cables. Replaced the stock Progressive Dynamics lead-acid converter with a lithium-specific model. Coming soon: solar panels and a Micro-air easy start.
BOISEST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:58 AM   #6709

Since I just de winterized to go to the races last week I wasnt excited about doin it again. So I tried the air method in place of the antifreeze method. The wife an I armed ourselves with walkie talkies an she went inside the camper to let me know when water stopped comin out of the faucets. Wasn't sure how to do it so we started at kitchen sink being farthest away and did bathroom last. Finished up then poured a little antifreeze in the traps an called her done. I like the method an it will be my go to way moving forward.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #6710
RPR

The low point drains on our Class C and little air really speeds up the process.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #6711

Took delivery on two eTrailer 3200 inverter generators with a 50A parallel kit. Super excited to see how this setup will work for us.

https://www.etrailer.com/Generators/...03-2-0007.html

1GreatScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #6712

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GreatScouter View Post
Took delivery on two eTrailer 3200 inverter generators with a 50A parallel kit. Super excited to see how this setup will work for us.

https://www.etrailer.com/Generators/...03-2-0007.html

Can you please report back and tell us how you like it. I’ve been looking at the same set for a couple months now.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #6713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Can you please report back and tell us how you like it. I’ve been looking at the same set for a couple months now.
Hi Dan,

So far after unpacking and setup, I'm super happy with these units. The remote controls were already paired, air filter and spark plugs were already installed. All I had to do was connect the battery, add oil (included) and fuel. Each unit started right up except on one, the wiring harness at the battery was loose from the housing and wasn't making a connection. This was easily fixed by pushing the wire into the housing.

One thing to note, the plastic housing on the parallel kit is slightly milky in color. I called eTrailer and they told me that is how they all are. I thought I received an off-color one but if you look at their site and zoom in on the pictures, you will see what I mean.

This review by Big Truck Big RV was one that really helped me make my decision. https://youtu.be/yJLdbhrkkxY It was between eTrailer and the Champion for me. eTrailer comes with built-in volt/hour meter and the 50A parallel is unlike anything else I could find on the market.

I will be testing at the RV later this week and will post how it goes....

1GreatScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:54 AM   #6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Since I just de winterized to go to the races last week I wasnt excited about doin it again. So I tried the air method in place of the antifreeze method. The wife an I armed ourselves with walkie talkies an she went inside the camper to let me know when water stopped comin out of the faucets. Wasn't sure how to do it so we started at kitchen sink being farthest away and did bathroom last. Finished up then poured a little antifreeze in the traps an called her done. I like the method an it will be my go to way moving forward.
By far the most economical method to winterize the trailer, I have done it exclusively in many climates and temps at -30° and never had any issues with freezing up or damage!

And it’s so quick and easy!

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:13 PM   #6715
Site Team

Quote:
This is the way that I winterize and you know how cold it gets here. This process makes it so simple to get the trailer ready to go for the next use. We use our trailer year round weather permitting and we may do the "winterizing" process a half dozen times over the winter depending on weather and use.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #6716

Quote:
What I tried before our last trip of the season before I fully winterized was blowing out the lines. I wheeled my air compressor out to the trailer and plugged it in, got my short white drinking water hose and attached it to the trailer city water connection, screwed my air adapter blow out plug to the other end of the hose. Opened a window and bought the hose inside. opened the door and brought the air hose form the compressor inside. I have a clamp on sir service chuck for tires and my portable air tank. Turned on the TV and stuck a movie in the DVD player. Turned on the kitchen sink cold water and sat down and watched TV until no more water was coming out of the tap. Proceeded to the rest of the taps one by one. Made the entire process a one man job.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #6717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
What I tried before our last trip of the season before I fully winterized was blowing out the lines. I wheeled my air compressor out to the trailer and plugged it in, got my short white drinking water hose and attached it to the trailer city water connection, screwed my air adapter blow out plug to the other end of the hose. Opened a window and bought the hose inside. opened the door and brought the air hose form the compressor inside. I have a clamp on sir service chuck for tires and my portable air tank. Turned on the TV and stuck a movie in the DVD player. Turned on the kitchen sink cold water and sat down and watched TV until no more water was coming out of the tap. Proceeded to the rest of the taps one by one. Made the entire process a one man job.
Wow that sounds like a heck of a system. It wasn't too bad for me, cold beer in one hand and the nozzle from the air compressor against the adapter on the water hook up. Did my wife good to get out there an help anyway. OOOH, did I just say that??
Old 03-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #6718

Quote:
Wow that sounds like a heck of a system. It wasn't too bad for me, cold beer in one hand and the nozzle from the air compressor against the adapter on the water hook up. Did my wife good to get out there an help anyway. OOOH, did I just say that??

Did she hold your beer for you? [emoji482]
Old 03-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #6719

No she was in the camper watchin the faucets
Old 03-03-2019, 07:45 PM   #6720

I installed the ladder clamps that come with the power bunks in the back. My 6yo said its to hard to try and climb up without it. Not sure why that wasn't done at the dealer, its now! Also went to Homedepot and rummaged the scrap bin, I scored a 4x6 and a couple of 2x8s. Needed to make wheel chocks and something to level the trailer. Not bad for about 10 bucks! I got a lot of 4x6 left for making other stuff... maybe firewood?
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote