Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #3871
BCK

We went with a proper pocket coil mattress from Sleep Country. Not as many options on Amazon in Canada as you folks get in the US - plus I wanted to actually try it out. It's medium firm but also about 10" thick so higher than the side tables. I would have preferred it to be thinner but feels like its going to be worth it.

Contour Collection Stella | Pocketcoil | Mattresses

BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #3872

Well, Not necessarily today, but an upgrade I did 3 weeks ago before departing on our camping Vacation.

We have an X20E hybrid, we don't use the shower at all except to hold dirty laundry and some other stuff that would end up piled up and looking awful. The DW and I decided we needed more storage which is a common yet small problem in these trailers. After contemplating it for sometime I decided I was going to build some shelving in the Shower. I was thinking 2x2's but after coming across some deeply discounted Plastic Storage Bins, I decided to use them instead and stack them so my DW would have 6 drawers of storage. I cut out a base to put on top of the shower surround and then used Velcro to affix the base to the plastic shower. The drawers are screwed down into the wood and I also used Velcro near the top to hold the shelves against the wall. The drawers stayed in place while travelling so mission accomplished. I have a Happy Wife and thus Happy Life and we can still throw more stuff in there including the laundy basket sitting on top. LOL

Total cost: 30 bucks and my time. Wood I had in my shop.

Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #3873

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
Did you get the Norcold bracket?
Just found out that it arrived at my mail address, but I'm 200 miles away, parked at Potholes State Park. I will pick it up when I get back on the other side of the Cascades, but no telling when that will be.

Pulled my TT from Banks Lake to Potholes SP yesterday and set it up.Even though the site is full utilities, I have to fill my fresh water tank up and use the pump for water. My city water connector is broken, but I have a new one of those waiting for me to pick up too.

Enjoying having electric power available, since it's getting close to 100 degrees here. Suffered through the previous 3 days without ac and A/C, being cheap in a free camping area. Sometimes it's worth spending some money to camp-but not too often.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #3874

Installed a key rack that I picked up from Home Depot the other day. The screws that come with it would have been way too long so I also picked up some oval head #8 x 3/4" Phillips stainless steel screws to mount it. I put it below the small door for the control panel which is on the end of the overhead cupboard above the dinette. Now we have a place right by the outside door to put all of our keys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese Dual Cam HP WDH, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #3875

Cycled ice.

Things are real boring at Camp Driveway.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #3876

Went by the dealership do pull the battery shut-off...forgot to do it when I dropped off last week. Batteries still showed 12.4 volts.
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:08 PM   #3877

Parked it in front of my buddy's house in my hometown yesterday. Overnighting there for two or three nights, then pulling it to Kanaskat Palmer State Park for 6 nights starting Sunday.
Yesterday I replaced the city fill inlet assembly I accidentally broke. Had plenty of butyl tape for the undersealant, but need to get a tube of Geocell Proflex sealant to finish off the top of the fixture. No rain in the forecast, so I'm good for a while. Guess I'll need to get a tube at Camping World in Tacoma- even though I'm not a big fan of the business.

I also have a new stove vent assembly to install. The locking tabs both broke off of the old one, however, duct tape has worked well at keeping the hinged door closed while traveling. New one was only ~$12, so no big deal.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #3878

Installed a Glacier Bay gooseneck faucet in the bathroom Home Depot) so we can actually get our hands under the water in the shallow sink bowl. Oh, and the faucet illuminates your hands with a soft blue LED light when the water is running. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #3879

Took our TT to a Forest Service campground in Island Park, Idaho. We have owned our trailer for one year, but we always used campgrounds with full hookups until now. I got to use my Champion generator, and DW had fun cooking meals and baking a cake in her new Camp Chef oven. Her CPAP operated on 12 volt power, and the water pump and propane refrigerator were used for the first time. I brought extra water jugs so we could shower. The SLX 145RB is just right for a weekend trip.

2006 Chevy Colorado Z71 with 2015 JayFlight SLX 145RB
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:57 PM   #3880

Added a Whole House Water Filter to my White Hawk

Whole House Water Filter Add

Whole House Water Filter Add http://stormpod.blogspot.com/2016/08/whole-house-water-filter-for-jayco.html

www.stormpod.org

2015 - 72 Nights - 3205.8 miles.

Modifications list at http://www.stormpod.org
Stormpod1 is offline   Reply With Quote