Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2021, 03:14 PM   #9521

Cleaned it up and winterized as well. Not sure when we’ll head again and Texas is unpredictable. Now I don’t have to sweat it if I’m at work and hear of freezing temps showing up after an 80 degree week.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #9522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Cleaned it up and winterized as well. Not sure when we’ll head again and Texas is unpredictable. Now I don’t have to sweat it if I’m at work and hear of freezing temps showing up after an 80 degree week.
Heading out your way in March, what park would be the best near Ft Worth. We'll be visiting relatives in Weatherford.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:28 PM   #9523

State or Private? There’s a very nice private park in Grapevine on the north of DFW airport. Also another city park South of DFW at Joe Pool Lake.

For a state park, I’d look at Lake Mineral Wells. That’s fairly close to Weathorford. Also, on the west side of Fort Worth is a nice COE campground at Benbrook lake. Probably 25 mins from Weathorford.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:31 PM   #9524

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
State or Private? There’s a very nice private park in Grapevine on the north of DFW airport. Also another city park South of DFW at Joe Pool Lake.

For a state park, I’d look at Lake Mineral Wells. That’s fairly close to Weathorford. Also, on the west side of Fort Worth is a nice COE campground at Benbrook lake. Probably 25 mins from Weathorford.
Great thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the Lake Mineral Wells.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:53 PM   #9525

Checked the trailer in the RV yard after a full day of heavy rain and wind gusts over 60 mph. My 3-year-old Elements All-Climate cover still looked perfect — didn’t budge or seem to wear anywhere. My neighbor’s fiver was no so lucky. His lighter-weight cover laid in two piles — one on each side of his rig. Literally ripped in half! Tomorrow they are predicting snow. Enough!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:54 AM   #9526

Place to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe w View Post
Heading out your way in March, what park would be the best near Ft Worth. We'll be visiting relatives in Weatherford.

I have stayed here several times when visiting Drs in Arlington. It's on I-20 and convenient to points west. https://www.cowtownrvpark.com/
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:57 AM   #9527

What next? I'll be ready, right?😀

We're getting very close to a 2.5 month trip. Many small repairs, and a few big ones.

This past week, finished replacing greased brakes from an easylube failure at dealership, cleaned and packed all wheel bearings, greased suspension, and today, went round and round with a tire place over a new, defective Endurance tire. Not settled yet, but that tire will finish the axle session.... for now.

I got a stuck Schwintek slide working about a week ago, but added some rollers today to try to make it roll smoother. In the middle of putting the bottom seal back on, I went inside the trailer and saw a whole bunch of water in and on the ceiling around the ceiling vent. It was dripping on the floor. Long story short, took it all apart, and everything topside was dry- It must have been condensation. So.....

I turned on the heater to warm it up and dry it out, and it cycled on properly once or twice, and then I noticed it came on for about 20 second and quit. Tried it a few more times, and same thing. About every 5th or 6th time, the gas would fire up, and it would be good for one cycle. I know from this blog that it could be the sail switch, so I commenced to learning how to remove the heater to get at it. Took the switch out, it was clean, seemed to work properly and passed a continuity test, but the terminals seemed to be scorched, so it must be getting hot inside. Ordered a new switch, but won't be here for a while, so put the heater back together with old switch, figuring that in an emergency, I could keep trying until it lit. Lo and behold, I tested it and it fired up 5 times out of 5! Will monitor....

These are just some of the most recent issues, There have been burned out lights, a stove burner that wouldn't light, a toilet leak, front cap water leak, and many more items.

Everything is fixed now, but no cleaning or routine maintenance, like caulking has been done- just putting out multiple trip-stopping fires.

I need to hook it up and test the brakes and bearings before we take off for South Florida.

I have no idea how many things will break tomorrow, it always seems like we are going to need to cancel trips, but we haven't had to do that yet. We've shortened some trips when we were dealing with warranty repairs, but now that the warranty is over, it's easier to just fix most things.

I don't know how I could do this if I was still working.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:21 AM   #9528

Today I fixed the water pump "kinda"... Wasn't getting the pump to pump into the coach, so after disassembling the whole pump, I found the supply line didn't have a rubber gasket where it comedy's to the pump... Totally easy fix!

One issue I'll need to address tomorrow is the light switch to the light for the front cap accent light....I noticed the rubber cover was full of ice, and yet, the switch right next to it is completely dry and works fine.... This should be interesting...
If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks much
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:22 AM   #9529
Site Team

I ordered some parts for my MorRyde pin box. Took it apart to make sure I ordered all I needed. I will have to call them back on Monday to order a few more parts.
Now waiting until arrival after Christmas.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #9530

What Did You Do To Your RV TODAY?

Aired up the tires and hauled it out of storage to have the annual $7 state inspection completed. Then hauled it back…I really wished I was taking her to a campground!

Edit: I think if someone started a mobile business for state inspections in Texas they’d make a killing!
Old 12-23-2021, 03:12 PM   #9531

new tire

Today I put a new tire on, aired up and torqued all 4. See my rant about 3 posts up.

It's been a few days, putting things back together, cleaning puttering, getting ready.

Have not discovered anything new broken in 3 days! Even the heater is working flawlessly- all I did was take it out, look at the sail switch, and put it back in. It's a Christmas miracle!
Old 12-23-2021, 08:31 PM   #9532

Ran my furnace for an hour today, I usually run it three or 4 times during the winter months up here in Western NY. Checked the electrolyte level in my battery as I leave it in and have the trailer hooked to shore power. I cover the fridge and hot water heater vent panels with a plastic trash bag and then close them up, keeps snow from blowing in. Exercised my inverter generator for about a half hour. I use only non-ethanol fuel in it and synthetic oil for lubrication.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:12 AM   #9533
Site Team

Watched mother nature place some of that snow that joe w mentioned, on top of it. Just from a different lake. Now at least the days are getting longer instead of shorter.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:27 PM   #9534

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfeather View Post
Washed and waxed today. What a job. Tomorrow I oh.....

Me too- I'm on a streak- but tomorrow......
Old 12-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #9535
Site Team

I ordered the MorRyde RPB77-006 from Amazon and it came in early so I installed it yesterday. Now I can get the blessing of MorRyde when using my Anderson Ultimate 3220 . Pretty straight forward installation.

Very complete directions. it is twice as thick as the OE part and easily was replaced on my original MorRyde hitch pin.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 12-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #9536

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I ordered the MorRyde RPB77-006 from Amazon and it came in early so I installed it yesterday. Now I can get the blessing of MorRyde when using my Anderson Ultimate 3220 . Pretty straight forward installation.

Very complete directions. it is twice as thick as the OE part and easily was replaced on my original MorRyde hitch pin.
Pictures, pictures!! Why are you suddenly installing this since you have been using it as is for a long time? Do I need to do this to mine as well?

Update, just went on Amazon. It has mixed reviews? and one comment said it must be welded on? I know you have done all the research on this and will set me straight, lol.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:14 PM   #9537

Quote:

Yes, pics!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:12 AM   #9538

Drove down to the KOA campgrounds in Wilmington, NC and meet two dear friends passing through on their way home to Florida. Arrived yesterday and will be here until January 2. High temp was 75F yesterday and will be in the 70's all week. Timed it just right!!
Old 12-28-2021, 08:03 AM   #9539

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Antenna Pole Mount Mod

I ran some LMR-400 low-loss cables and a Cat-8 Ethernet up through the fridge vent to the rear of the coach for a Poynting directional antenna and a Ubiquiti Bullet with an omni-directional antenna. These will be mounted on a Wilson 25' telescoping pole to get these antennas above the clutter and smaller obstacles.

I decided to have a bumper mount fabricated to hold the antenna while stationary and in-motion, so setup and takedown is easy. The PDF shows the plans I sent to the fabricator. The mount is 100% aluminum, so weather is not an issue. The holder folds over and allows the pole to sit on the bumper with the supplied stand-offs and be strapped down for travel, then stood up for use. Sea Sucker marine suction cup will help stabilze the antenna pole when in use and in stored position.
Attached Thumbnails
7305-1.JPG   IMG_7307.jpg   7316-1.JPG   IMG_7319.jpg   7325-1.JPG  

7315-1.JPG   7318-1.JPG  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Antenna.pdf (190.8 KB, 2 views)
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:02 AM   #9540
Site Team

Quote:
I ordered the MorRyde RB77-006 from Amazon and it came in early so I installed it yesterday. Now I can get the blessing of MorRyde when using my Anderson Ultimate 3220 . Pretty straight forward installation.

I will get a separate thread on this in the fifth wheel section soon. jetlag and Big1 Don't be concerned, it was only because my skid plate was rusting after 11 years of use and me not keeping it clean. I do have pictures.
Gator roll-up bed cover