Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2022, 08:10 PM   #9561
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Hopefullly on the road south tomorrow. Dodging another storm coming here with another 12 in Friday.
Kim Gass: We were in Rainbow Springs last week and it was pretty cold for Florida. When we left at 10:am last Sunday the water taps were still frozen. Low was 22 or 23.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:31 PM   #9562

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFly View Post
Good luck Kim...I know the feeling! I've removed my entire underbelly over the last 4 weeks, to install heater pads, pipe heaters, gate heaters & air skirts. Then I realized there was no insulation in our underbelly, so I had to install 4 rolls of R-30 insulation, then seal it all up again and spray expanding foam on all of the openings. To add, insult to injury, the first day (4 weeks ago) when I started this, I fell 13' off the roof of the rig and smashed my heals. Needles to say, I've had to do all of this with a cast on.... Luckily, we've only been down to -13°F for a low, and now that I have everything all done and installed, it's definitely time to sit back and enjoy the down time (until I start the next project )

Kim, you said your trying to heat the rig without propane!!?? How are you possibly trying to do that? I would assume you don't have running water; otherwise all your pipes would freeze for sure...
The rig is in our driveway pre trip hooked up to house power. We are using an electric ceramic heater to try to get the temp up to hospitable to fingers stowing clothes and dry food etc. We could of course use propane but by the time we leave tomorrow it would all be used up. We do have a heat wave coming tomorrow. they say 35 but still we want to just start with two full bellies so to speak.

Oh no there will be no running water until we poop out the antifreeze in some VA or NC campground. I noted a pink poop on the cutting board covering the sink today. A reminder.

I am glad you are ok after such a fall.Hubby spent hours with the roof rake.However he was on a ladder. ( yes the legs were on a sheet of ice)We have a collection of roof rakes. Some have metal blades some are metal edged. He used the plastic one. Its illegal to travel with ice on the roof and whew what a project! Metal and the RV roof are a bad fit.

Norty: we will no doubt bring more bad news for Fl.. We towed across TX during the ice storm in Feb thinking how nice it was like home.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:05 PM   #9563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
The rig is in our driveway pre trip hooked up to house power. We are using an electric ceramic heater to try to get the temp up to hospitable to fingers stowing clothes and dry food etc. We could of course use propane but by the time we leave tomorrow it would all be used up. We do have a heat wave coming tomorrow. they say 35 but still we want to just start with two full bellies so to speak.

Oh no there will be no running water until we poop out the antifreeze in some VA or NC campground. I noted a pink poop on the cutting board covering the sink today. A reminder.

I am glad you are ok after such a fall.Hubby spent hours with the roof rake.However he was on a ladder. ( yes the legs were on a sheet of ice)We have a collection of roof rakes. Some have metal blades some are metal edged. He used the plastic one. Its illegal to travel with ice on the roof and whew what a project! Metal and the RV roof are a bad fit.

Well Kim, go luck with your trip to NC.... Unfortunately, their weather doesn't look much better to yours.... Be safe out there with the massive storm hitting the entire eastern seaboard!!
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #9564

My 2018 pinnacle fiberglass fix

My door opened, not roughly, and bam a hole in the door it went thru the door stop. So I am trying to figure out how to fix it
RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:23 AM   #9565

Took it to the dealer for final warranty work. They have to:

Replace the passenger’s side camera
Replace kitchen drawer slides and locks
Remove the large dinette slide and replace the sheet metal ramp that crunched back in July.

Since the warranty expired after verification Jayco has set a must be complete date of Feb 18 for the dealer.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:31 PM   #9566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
.... oh, and I also finally got one of those 14' telescoping ladders and was able to apply the sealant to the front cap seams.
Hey what kind did you get? I need one!
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #9567

modification for carseat

After researching posts regarding carseats for children, I read that several people made their own modifications to accommodate them after finding nothing commercially available. I added European brackets to both dinette sides for seat bight tethering points, but I think you could add some D-rings instead (see photo). Since there is no good place for a top tether, I will copy another users idea of using an axle strap that I will bolt to the "seatbelt frame" and run up behind the dinette back, which I will reinforce with some added lumber. Many people said the dinette cushions were a PITA when installing carseats, so I designed mine to be used without the cushions. That being said, I had to do something about the exposed raw wood under those cushions (see photos). I upholstered with liner you use inside toolboxes. Hopefully it will hold up. I am also thinking about getting a silicone mat to put down too for some added shock absorbency and 'cause kids are sticky!
Attached Thumbnails
tethermoddinette.jpg   dinettemod1.jpg   dinettemod2.jpg  
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:32 PM   #9568

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlvr234 View Post
Hey what kind did you get? I need one!
I ended up getting this one from Harbor Freight - one, because the price was good, two it was sturdy enough for my 200lbs, and three it was in the store and could readily assess the construct/quality before I bought...

https://www.harborfreight.com/portab...der-56729.html

Looked at several over the previous month or two, on Amazon, etc, and most of what I saw review wise wasn't all that great...but there are other options out there.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:10 PM   #9569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
OK folks, this thread is to tell about anything you did to your RV TODAY, from tightening the lug nuts to cleaning the toilet with a toothbrush to taking her out for the maiden voyage. A post about a mod is welcome but the detailed mod thread should be posted in the Jayco mods forum. So let`s hear what you did to the Jayco today.

PS- When Tomorrow becomes today you can also post, and the next day, and so on. Not just a one day thing.............
Shoveled 10 inches of snow so I could crawl under it. I had to work on a wiring problem
willystwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #9570

She got her first bath, cleaned windshield in & out. Installed the new Magne Shield windshield shade. Pricey but very well made, fits perfect. MS does a really nice job and completed the shade very quickly!
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:01 PM   #9571

We are getting our ready for a cross country trip to NC next month we are getting the decal replaces on because last year when they did the repainting of the front cap they didn't put on the decal back on.

I went to the dealer today to ask them during that time can they repack my wheels, so I will be getting those repack before we go on our 6000+ miles.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:22 AM   #9572

Smile Personal touches

Doing little things to make our 2020 338RETS ...ours.

Added the Morryde motion-activated step lights. Super easy and the look great.

https://www.morryde.com/products/mot...d-step-lights/

Hung a tv mount in the bedroom

https://www.morryde.com/products/sna...ount-tv1-051h/

put a bug screen over the furnace vent, and fixed a window valance.

Lots more little things are planned for this coming weekend; installing maxxair bathroom fan, eternabond'ing roof seals, giving it a needed bath, and more.

We love this unit! I still duck getting up from the dining table because our old one had short slides. The 6'+ slide height is a game changer!
DanniallWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 01:48 PM   #9573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanniallWilliams View Post
Doing little things to make our 2020 338RETS ...ours.

Added the Morryde motion-activated step lights. Super easy and the look great.

https://www.morryde.com/products/mot...d-step-lights/

Hung a tv mount in the bedroom

https://www.morryde.com/products/sna...ount-tv1-051h/

put a bug screen over the furnace vent, and fixed a window valance.

Lots more little things are planned for this coming weekend; installing maxxair bathroom fan, eternabond'ing roof seals, giving it a needed bath, and more.

We love this unit! I still duck getting up from the dining table because our old one had short slides. The 6'+ slide height is a game changer!

Nice! Welcome to JOF!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #9574

I saw it from afar as I drove past the snow covered storage location.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:15 PM   #9575

Spent some time over lunch in our new unit trying to figure out why I couldn’t get a signal on the TV from the HDMI device plugged into our matrix switch. Turns out if you coat the CAT6 cable end with the gray spray foam and let it dry, then plug it in, amazingly it doesn’t work. [emoji19] Also (unrelated), the #1 output on the matrix switch doesn’t output anything, but #2-4 does, so found the first warranty item.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:53 AM   #9576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
We are getting our ready for a cross country trip to NC next month we are getting the decal replaces on because last year when they did the repainting of the front cap they didn't put on the decal back on.

I went to the dealer today to ask them during that time can they repack my wheels, so I will be getting those repack before we go on our 6000+ miles.

Should be warming up nicely by then. It was 70F yesterday and will be 46 today. Are you staying at the KOA in Bridgeton once here?
Old 02-05-2022, 07:50 AM   #9577
Site Team

I cut some Reflectix insulation to fit the 2 small windows in our rigs bedroom to keep cold air from radiating inot our heads at night.

Also spent some time trying to improve the time it takes to secure our bikes to the Jayco provided disappearing bike rack that used to be an option in 2011.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #9578

Replaced one of the top front cap Amber bullet LED lights. Easy to do, pried right out, undo the wire clips, put new LED light in the wire clips...BUT, make sure you put the old chrome trim plate on first... ; ) ...used the original rubber grommet as the new led grommet was too thin and would not seal in the "thick" hole our front cap has for these lights...took maybe twenty minutes taking my time.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:38 PM   #9579

Moved it

Relocated the Layton from Howardwick to Clarendon. It can be seen on the south side of US287 just east of Whistle Stop. While I had it hooked up to the tv, got it inspected and tagged. Son can now walk to work!
Attached Thumbnails
20220209_150929.jpg  
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 08:03 PM   #9580

Ventured down to the RV yard to check on the TT and look closely at the 4.5-year-old tires before deciding to replace them (I am). Found my elderly neighbor on the ground next to his leaking tank valves, his arm bleeding. He was trying to figure out the valves on his new rig and his back gave out. His wife couldn’t lift him but I was able to get him up on his feet and helped him find the valves and dump. One of those “in-the-right-place” moments. I think a fiver will be up for sale soon, though .
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote