Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2015, 09:53 AM   #2461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swardy View Post
Installed RGB LED controller in place of bunk light/fan connector and RGB strips for each bunk (front and back). Always remember - nothing exceeds like excess!
This is exactly what I want to do. It looks awesome. Can you elaborate on your install a little? Also, did you get your LED's from Amazon or do you recall the brand?

Thanks!
Frohoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #2462

put on new air max vent cover on.
djvmax07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #2463
Jim

Camping in a state park this weekend. Installed bug screen over the water heater vent and new rear bumper end caps that resist bugs. Also installed two LED puck lights in our clothes closet storage areas.
Equalizer 4 10K Hitch System
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #2464

installed front stabilizer jacks on our new 195rb this really took the bounce out of the trailer when walking around inside.
1320tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #2465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swardy View Post
Installed RGB LED controller in place of bunk light/fan connector and RGB strips for each bunk (front and back). Always remember - nothing exceeds like excess!
Ok Swardy, don't leave the rest of us in the dark please give us more info on the purchase and install.
Thanks, Tunce
Old 07-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #2466

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
Gas prop

installed a gas prop under the king bed in our Seneca 37fs. I installed a 150 lbs prop and It is to much pressure. Probably could use a prop with less pressure. intalled a latch to hold bed Down. Release latch and bed pops up, very cool.
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:28 AM   #2467

That looks really cool IYAM.

Oops, I meant to quote the post with the colored lights on the tent ends but it's early.. ;(

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #2468

Before I left my home base for my current host position about six weeks ago I sanitized my fresh water system. All was working great until yesterday. The park had a major water line leak and park water was shut off to my section for a couple of hours during the repair. No problem since I filled my fresh tank shortly after arriving (I have been down this water line problem in previous years at the same park). I switched over to my fresh water tank to get some water to make a pot of ice tea. Yep, you guessed it. I didn't rinse the fresh water tank thoroughly enough after the sanitize. Yuk, way too much bleach taste. That has been rectified now.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #2469

Just defrosted my freezer. It was way past due and the ice on the back wall was 3/4-1.0" thick. Looks much better now.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #2470

Just a couple minor items before hitting the road later this week. Replaced the stripped out screws on the plumbing access cover with 8-32 x 1/4 T-Nuts. While I had the cover off I noticed that one of the screws holding the water pump to the front wall was also stripped out due to the pump being poorly positioned in relation to the piping connected to it. So that has been fixed as well.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #2471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohoss View Post
This is exactly what I want to do. It looks awesome. Can you elaborate on your install a little? Also, did you get your LED's from Amazon or do you recall the brand?

Thanks!
It's all Armacost products that I got at Lee Valley. Here's the link to their LED stuff: Lee Valley Tools - Item Search
I'm sure you could get it or similar LED things at other retailers.

The controller looked like it was a decora size item but when I received it I found that it was much larger - larger than a standard single gang box so I had to make up boxes and face plates out of some oak scraps I had around. I stained them to match the existing wood.

I removed the white cone shaped connector for the bunk lights and used the 12V from there to power the controller. The controller is mounted so there is 3/4" or so space behind it so there is a place to stash all the extra wiring needed.

Each 3' long section of LED has 4 wires coming from it - power and one wire for each colour so you'll need the room stuff it all in.

The aluminum channels and diffusers are double sided taped and have a couple of small screws securing them on each side of the box with the controller in it.

I also added a switch to the incoming line for the 12V feeding the controller so that I can turn it off completely to reduce battery usage when need be. I noticed that even with all colours off, there was still some active circuitry on the controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Ok Swardy, don't leave the rest of us in the dark please give us more info on the purchase and install.
Thanks, Tunce
.... "leave the rest of us in the dark"... I see what you did there!
Swardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #2472

Brought it home from storage. Had a power tongue jack problem that needs diagnosing (looks like a bad ground?). Plugged it in, installed another pair of LEDs, turned on the fridge, turned on the AC, test fit an oscillating fan for the bedroom (more on that later).

Tonight it gets a bath, and reconnecting some wiring that was very shoddily connected at the factory, been dancing around it, but now it's time to fix it properly while diagnosing the aforementioned tongue jack problem.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #2473

Finally finished packing all the stuff into the new RV that we unpacked from the old RV. It took a week because I wanted to do it right and not just shove everything in like I did last time. :-)

It is amazing that I had to re-think where everything would go because of the different floor plan, which of course means a different cupboard/closet/storage configuration. Plus I asked the question....do we really need this in the RV?...for nearly everything I put in. DH did the same for his basement. Now we just need to go try it all out!

I'd rather wear out than rust out. Swim, bike, run.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #2474

Cleaned up the inside, drained tanks, drug it home from the CG, parked it in the driveway to await its next outing. Had a Great 4th weekend camping next to my parents. Spent a lot of time in theirs changing out the frig to a residential unit.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:35 AM   #2475

I had to do some major rearranging my "stuff" due to an influx of 3 guests for the week. It is amazing how one just spreads out into all available space, but all is working now.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:39 AM   #2476

Actually this was yesterday: The park had a major fresh water line leak repaired so the water to my section of the park was turned off for several hours. I always keep my fresh water tank full so no problem with no water (I do change this water every few weeks just to keep it fresh).

When the water was turned back on there was an amazing amount of air in the line and my two stage water filter plugged up almost immediately. My first stage is a 1 micron particulate filter and the second stage is a 1 micron charcoal. So......I turned on an outside hose and let it run on the ground for 30 minutes or so. While the water was running I changed both filters. Problem solved.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:35 AM   #2477
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantygirl View Post
Finally finished packing all the stuff into the new RV that we unpacked from the old RV. It took a week because I wanted to do it right and not just shove everything in like I did last time. :-)

It is amazing that I had to re-think where everything would go because of the different floor plan, which of course means a different cupboard/closet/storage configuration. Plus I asked the question....do we really need this in the RV?...for nearly everything I put in. DH did the same for his basement. Now we just need to go try it all out!
Did the exact same thing when we purchased our new Jayco TT last summer. Amazing how much stuff I did NOT put back into the new camper.
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Old 07-08-2015, 03:39 AM   #2478
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I had to do some major rearranging my "stuff" due to an influx of 3 guests for the week. It is amazing how one just spreads out into all available space, but all is working now.
Totally agree. It is amazing how much more "clutter" we have when just adding our granddaughter for a weekend camping trip. When it is just the better half and I the camper remains fairly tidy. Adding a 12 yr old and all their gear makes a huge difference. BUT, love having her go with us before she gets too old not to want to camp with grandma and grandpa.
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Old 07-08-2015, 04:21 AM   #2479

In addition to the 3 mentioned earlier my two 7 year old twin grandchildren just had to spend the night. They are sleeping in the two recliners (their idea) and seem very happy. It is 5:20am right now. Their parents are on another site for the week so last night gave them a night out and alone together. It is always nice when your grandchildren want to stay with you. Spoiling is a good thing.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #2480

We also love having the grandkids along….so worth the extra “stuff.”

For several years we had a seasonal site for the summer and our kids would reserve a weekend when we were not using the RV and take their families up for a camping trip. The grandkids had so much fun that two of the families bought RVs.

We recently returned from a family reunion to Colorado. Two of our kids brought their RVs, but the third flew out with her 3 boys and we hauled all of the gear for a tent set up. Tent, tarp, sleeping bags, blankets, flashlights, etc. They had so much fun she bought a tent when she got back. Yep, worth all the hassle. The camping tradition has now been passed down and I know the grandkids will be campers for life.

I'd rather wear out than rust out. Swim, bike, run.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote