Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #3361

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
SmokerBill; If a ply TG floor squeaks on the joint between two sheets. Get medical syringe and fill it with watered down carpenters glue. Then under and angle poke it through the vinyl on the joint and squeeze some glue in this joint. Do this at as many places necessary. When the needle is removed you can hammer down the vinyl with a block of wood. Clean excessive glue with a rag.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:27 PM   #3362

Thanks aljo
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:30 AM   #3363

I put in a bed lift and some awning light hangers. I also watched the race and pretended I was camping 😃
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #3364

I worked on three projects today even though it was cold and rainy.

We recently had a baby daughter (born March 7th) so we had to add to our stick figure family. Normally my wife and I think these things are dumb but this one was a gift and I do kind of like it on the trailer. Problem was we threw the remaining stickers away when we were done with it last year. Then we got a second dog and had to buy another sheet. We figured that's it but we were smart enough to hold on to the rest of the sheet this time. Good thing since we ended up needing another girl.

I also added a larger handle for the older kids. Since there isn't much structure to screw into I made some wood blocks to attach to. I stained them with a color as close as I could find to the cabinetry in the trailer. It all turned out pretty good I think.

The last project I have no photos of but I had a piece of acrylic sheet cut to fit in the lower section of the screen door. I used the scrap pieces of acrylic to make some brackets and attached with stainless steel sheet metal screws. It will prevent my two year old from pressing on the screen and potentially falling out.

2022 33RBTS
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #3365

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin4you View Post
I worked on three projects today even though it was cold and rainy.

We recently had a baby daughter (born March 7th) so we had to add to our stick figure family. Normally my wife and I think these things are dumb but this one was a gift and I do kind of like it on the trailer. Problem was we threw the remaining stickers away when we were done with it last year. Then we got a second dog and had to buy another sheet. We figured that's it but we were smart enough to hold on to the rest of the sheet this time. Good thing since we ended up needing another girl.

I also added a larger handle for the older kids. Since there isn't much structure to screw into I made some wood blocks to attach to. I stained them with a color as close as I could find to the cabinetry in the trailer. It all turned out pretty good I think.

The last project I have no photos of but I had a piece of acrylic sheet cut to fit in the lower section of the screen door. I used the scrap pieces of acrylic to make some brackets and attached with stainless steel sheet metal screws. It will prevent my two year old from pressing on the screen and potentially falling out.
Good looking mods! I wish I had seen the screen door safety about 4 months ago. I created a different solution even though I had a great one right in front of my face! With a young child, we have those baby-proofing tools laying all over the place.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #3366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Good looking mods! I wish I had seen the screen door safety about 4 months ago. I created a different solution even though I had a great one right in front of my face! With a young child, we have those baby-proofing tools laying all over the place.
First trip out my at the time 1 year old son figured out the handle and fell out the door. The safety was my wife's idea.
howlin4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin4you View Post
First trip out my at the time 1 year old son figured out the handle and fell out the door. The safety was my wife's idea.
Wasn't anything to figure out with my son, he just pushed it open. We were in the driveway and I was working under the sink. He climbed over my legs and leaned on the screen door and tumbled out. I was on him before he even knew what happened. He just got a scratch on his forehead, but when he started screaming, you can bet momma came runnin! He was fine, just startled. Next mod was a bar lock; not nearly as elegant as your solution, but it gets the job done and is easy to unlock from outside.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1155.JPG  

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #3368

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Working on insulating the underbelly with R12 (224 sqft.. No wonder the furnace eats propane, the duct work is just laying on the polyflex so the heat loss is enormous.
They used steel galvanized screws on the aluminum side caps and spacer sheet. Steel and aluminum doesn't work very well together so they are going to be replaced with SS machine screws. Another wire mess to clean up and fasten down. Electric Heat tape on the discharge of the gray and black tank. Also an extra outlet of the furnace between the tanks narrowed down to 3".
Soon it will be a true 4 seasonal unit.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #3369

Packed up and moved my TT. The wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow, and the trees around my camp were loaded with widowmakers. I noticed several freshly snapped-off branches on the ground when I parked the TT, so limbs fall a lot there. Better safe than sorry.

Don't have to worry about falling branches here at Walmart.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:53 PM   #3370

Took the steps off of our 33RLDS and had them welded. Also replaced 2 more rivets with bolts. Now the steps are really strong and don't wobble when stepping on them. Hopefully tomorrow will get to do some more waxing.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #3371

Today I did a thorough inspection of the TT tires, all five of 'em. Removed them, pulled out all the rocks, put on my glasses and checked the tread and sidewalls for punctures, looked for indications of slipped belts and sidewall bubbles. All looked perfect except for a couple of tires that had one or two very minor indentations in the sidewalls. From what I've heard, those can be caused by spots where the belts overlap inside the tire.

Made sure they were all aired up to max sidewall pressure (65 psi), and now they're good to go for another couple thousand miles until the next checkup. I like my Maxxis tires!

I'll need to re-torque the lug nuts sometime in the next couple of days.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #3372

Finishing prep and packing for first TT trip ever, in the new 145RB. Never got beyond Camp Driveway for shakedown trip, but just that much got me to buy a firmer mattress. Heading out for a month in Oregon, Idaho, Yellowstone, maybe Tetons.
SylviaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #3373

After I left the Walmart parking lot (where I slept last night, then serviced my tires this morning, with the blessings of the Auto Dept. guy), I drove around to a couple of state parks checking them out. Ended up where I'm at now, Ike Kinswa State Park, on Mayfield lake in WA. It started raining an hour ago, and it's really relaxing listening to those big drops falling from the treetops landing on the roof.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:47 AM   #3374

Well, not today (it's 5:44 a.m.), but yesterday, we unscrewed the casing for the window in the door to measure the textured plexiglass that we can't see through so we can replace it with a piece of clear plexi that we can see through, and also remeasured the frame on the lower half of the screen so we can replace the cracked poster-frame piece of [very thin and already badly cracked] plexi with something stronger, so the dog can still see out but not damage the screen with any pawing. We'll have the new pieces cut either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Also, we removed the mini-fridge from the outdoor kitchen, and set it up on our back patio. This gives us more outside storage, so we have a convenient place to put the new Zamp solar unit (one of those folding ones).
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
After I left the Walmart parking lot (where I slept last night, then serviced my tires this morning, with the blessings of the Auto Dept. guy), I drove around to a couple of state parks checking them out. Ended up where I'm at now, Ike Kinswa State Park, on Mayfield lake in WA. It started raining an hour ago, and it's really relaxing listening to those big drops falling from the treetops landing on the roof.
Love the up dates .....living the life I dream of!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #3376

Washed the 5W and waxed the cap after I had the cap repainted.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask934 View Post
Love the up dates .....living the life I dream of!
Yep! It's nice. You'll do it someday.

Today, I got it ready to tow again. Had to wash all the pine needles off of the awning before I rolled it up. Dumped on the way out of Ike Kinswa SP, and headed west on HWY 12, then north on I-5. Dropped of my TT in front of my permanent mail address "home", and drove the truck up to Dash Point State Park.

Had an interview with the ranger there, and now have a Maintenance Hosting position there for the months of May and June. Summer is all set now with hosting. July at Ike Kinswa SP, August and September at Seaquest SP. After that, I imagine Arizona will be calling my name again.

Life is good, but I'm not quite sure how I'll like being a regular "Camp Host". The Maintenance Host position sounds like it would be a lot more up my alley.

I'll probably keep my TT parked where it is tonight and tomorrow night. Going to visit my son and his family tomorrow afternoon/evening up in Seattle. Not sure where I'll head out to on Saturday. I have an MRI coming up for my synthetic hip joint soon, but the appointment hasn't been scheduled yet. I'll just play life by ear, the way I usually do. No worries, no stress, and another beer.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #3378

made a cutting board for the sink. Took old scrap lumber and glued it together and some "legs" to grab the corners of the sink.
Yes you can buy a sink cutting board. I have other things to do with forty dollars.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #3379

Bought a command clip for the hand towel so it's out of the way. Loading up today and starting my regular spring trip for 10 weeks at Fort Stevens State Park, Astoria 1st and finish at Pismo Beach headed south then up to Napa, Mount Shasta and if there's any time left I'll sneak up on Smoker Bill.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #3380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Bought a command clip for the hand towel so it's out of the way. Loading up today and starting my regular spring trip for 10 weeks at Fort Stevens State Park, Astoria 1st and finish at Pismo Beach headed south then up to Napa, Mount Shasta and if there's any time left I'll sneak up on Smoker Bill.
Heck yeah, you know where I'll be! Enjoy your trip.