Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #41
I haven't lost anything so far, knock on wood. (I check and recheck!) But I have found a nice hand saw, a dog leash and a very nice smore's basket. That's just in 1 year.

2015 Jayco Octane 222 toy hauler
Equal-i-zer 90001000 Weight Distributing Hitch
2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 2500 Z71
okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #42
While camping at Canyon Lake, TX I somehow managed to loose a hearing aid while sitting up the trailer on a very hot day. This was the only thing I have lost and it was an expensive lesson.

2015 F250 6.7L Lariat Crew Cab
2017 Jayco Jay flight 28BHBE
Equalizer 14K Brand WDH
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #43
I bought my TT in 2011 - one of the first times out with it I thought I left the metal hook rod you use to pull your awning down leaning on a tree when we packed up and left. 3 years later - yes I said 3 - I found it tucked just inside under the lip of the outside access door for the under bed storage compartment. Ya know how many times Ive been in that compartment between losing and finding it? Too many to count. Not a big deal, just enough to call myself a putz.
PhyerPhyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #44
My sanity, on both counts.
TV: 2013 F350, Lariat, 4x4, CC, LB, 6.7L Powerstroke
FW: 2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 361 REQS
Additions: Onan 5500W LP Generator, Surge Guard TS,
.......Roof Satellite Dish, Vent Covers, Bedroom Vent Fan,
.......Rear Reciever, 12V DC Outlets (6), 320W Solar & Controller,
.......4 Lifeline AGM Batteries (600 Ah @ 12V),
.......Stereo Upgraded, Interior Speaker Upgrade, Amp
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #45
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
We lost a loaf of bread to a filthy raccoon. Does that count?
If this counts, I need to revise my list. Had my entire chow bag walk off one night while backpacking at Enchanted Rock. Found my bag, but most of the food was gone or soaked as it had thunderstormed the previous night. Luckily, DW had enough chow for both of us, though it was a bit lean for the rest of the trip.

Had another one steal (and eat) an ENTIRE BAG of bagels when I was camping with my dad. I bet that 'coon felt TERRIBLE after that!

You know, we both know better. We've both camped extensively around bears and mini-bears (chipmunks), so we know better. Those raccoons are SMART buggers though. We got to the point where cooler latches didn't work, so we started putting them under the bench of the picnic table; they were too heavy for the 'coons to push, or they still would've gotten in...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #46
I have an "almost lost" item..if that counts.

Laid my wallet on the step bumper of my truck while packing up at the campground. On the road for about a half-hour and decided to stop for food. Looked frantically for my wallet and remembered where I left it. You know that "upset stomach" feeling you get when you remember? Pulled over and got out of the truck, already cussing like a sailor, and walked around back. Yep...still there. Right where I left it. Seems my tailgate pinched it between the step pad and the gate itself!!

Then..I pulled the horseshoe out of my butt.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #47
Site Team
I was 50 miles away from a campground and realized my cell phone was missing. Went back and someone had found at the dump station and turned it in.
I called the number and the park ranger answered. We went back and got it!
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #48
Unless finding trash in the fire pit counts, haven't lost of found anything yet. I have a feeling YET is the key word though
Rob & Kelly, Bella & Brady (Miniature Schnauzers)
2016 Eagle 323LKTS
2016 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2015 White Hawk 29REKS Summit Edition (Traded)
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #49
Last Summer Peggy and I were at the lake where we go for short weekend trips, I saw a kayak floating by in the cove where we were. So I got in my kayak tied it on and pulled it back to our site. life jacket was partially out and a fishing pole was in it. We went to each camp site asking if anyone lost a kayak.no one had. So we called the ranger to let him know what we found. He said they had a recovery a few weeks earlier. We also told the campground host to ask as other campers returning to the park. Luckily the campground host asked someone the following morning. It turned out to be theirs. They discribed it and told me what kind of fishing pole was in it, so we gave it to them. We felt better
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel
2013 Jayco Whitehawk 26DSRB
US Army
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #50
On my previous truck and trailer i lost the sleeve that adapts down from the heavy duty hitch to the normal size trailer size. When i disconnected the WD hitch i forgot to take it out. Middle of nowhere and nobody had one in the nearby parts places. Ended up buying a length of angle iron the correct thickness, cut it into four pieces and duct taped it to the WD hitch. Worked a treat and got me back to civilisation where i could buy one.
If anyone finds it on the way up to Mount St Helens i wouldnt mind getting it back

2017 Eagle 324 BHTS pulled by 2014 Ram 3500 CC CTD Laramie. Air bags.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote