Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Originally Posted by RR Conductor View Post
Texas Sam is right in what he says, but even if you move someplace where people feel different from you, especially from a political point of view, as long as you don't get in a heated conversation youd do just fine, in my humble opinion that is. Having said that there are a lot of places that are down right beautiful with friendly natives but you have to visit 'em and find the one that suits you best. I live in eastern VA but don't recommend it unless you move to Williamsburg but be warned, it's pricey. Western VA is way prettier, in my opinion, but the taxes are better suited to ones pocket book in North Carolina or even further south, i.e. Florida. Texas, from what friends tell me, has some tax benefits but what you pay on land taxes can make up for it, again so Im told (somebody in TX can address this). As for the wife and me, we're strongly considering a move close to Edenton, NC as I'll save about $4K a year in taxes alone. NC also gives a credit, tax wise, for government (military & civilian) pensions, which always comes in handy, if you happen to fall into that category.

Bottom line, it's a crap shoot; you just have to travel about a bit and find a place you like. I wish ya luck if you have the "relocation bug".
Thanks Pete !

Yeah, I guess the solution to the question is to hop in the 5'er down the road a few years from now and drive around. I suppose the most important thing is to find the most appealing place and then get some answers to the other questions (taxes, cost of living, etc..)....

Thanks to all ! Keep 'em coming. This is very helpful and interesting as well.

Dave, Tanya and our 3 Kids

2006 Jayco JayFlight 27.5 BHS
03 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
HippieCamper is offline   Reply With Quote