Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Life > Campfire Chat

Old 06-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
You said I can talk about anything here! Have a doozy of a question.

Going camping next weekend (3 nights) with almost 20 people, which includes my family of 5. There will be a mixture of men, women and small children, mostly girls. The dilemma: We have reserved 3 secluded sites that aren't that close to any type of restroom. We will have the only camper. The rest will be tenting it. It will drive me absolutely batty if the majority want to use our camper bathroom, especially in the middle of the night. This has happened before, but on a much smaller scale, and that drove me bonkers. The bathroom was a mess, in and around the toilet. We have an outside door, which helped, but the dirt left and the constant slamming over 5 nights left me wishing I had the guts to speak up. The men even used it and I had to actually clean the walls and behind the toilet, if you know what I'm saying. My DH heard all my complaints and didn't say a word, either. Let me point out that we, the owners of the camper, usually ride or walk to the bathhouse to use the toilet during the day.
Thank you for allowing me to rant.

2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
I'll admit that we were in a similar situation once, the next time I booked a site about 50-100 yards away from the main group which happened to have a restroom between us and the main group. We were certainly close enough to enjoy all the group activities but didn't have my TT turn into a communal bathroom. No one was the wiser, but I was certainly happier.

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
Just say NO! Sounds kind of harsh but all campgrounds usually have facilities for those who don't. I am too old to clean up behind others who don't seem to care if they make a mess. The wife and I even use the campground facilities a lot of times ourselves.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Do they rent port-a-pottis??

I'd look in to a couple of them.
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B
2014 Ford Expedition
Horst Miracle Probes
Barker Power Jack
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Take a unique approach and buh them each a disposable flash light and a sodoku puzzle magazine. Using humor helps to make an uncomfortable situation easier for everyone
Never live your life saying 'I could of, should of, would of'
2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSRE
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
Maybe everyone could chip in and buy a port-a-potty, a small tent to set it in, and a 12-pack of toilet paper. Perhaps they'd take better care of it if they knew there wasn't going to be anyone to clean up after them.
2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #7
Park a bicycle outside your camper and print out mini-maps to the campground restroom. If they don't get the hint then simply tell them "No". It gets easier the more you say it.
2006 23B Hybrid with 10k round bar WDH
2011 F150 4x4 SCREW Ecoboost, Max Tow, Integrated TBC, 3.73 LS axle, Firestone Ride Rite airbags.
mcfarmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #8
One word.....NASTY.

Bottom line - it creates an unreasonable burden that turns a fun family gathering into a time of work and stress.

For your sake and the sake of family peace - I hope the others will come to that conclusion on their own.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #9
Site Team
You said I can talk about anything here! Have a doozy of a question.

Feel your pain. The only solution is to resolve the bath room dilemma before it is a problem.
We camp with lots of friends and when we are in their rig or they in ours, we never use their facilities. They are not public.
Only person who can decide that is you.
Tell them to bring a porta
potty or buy a Rv
cause it is not your problem.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #10
Glad I'm finding support. I've been feeling awful because I feel this way. I'm a "more the merrier" type of person on the camping idea, but not in my camper. I'll feel horrible telling the parents of the little ones that they have to trek to the bathhouse at 2 am. I really don't think it's that far but we've camped w/a person who have actually asked me to drive them to the bathroom that was 4 sites over. Now, everyone that has camped knows that 4 sites isn't a long distance. This person had no disabilities, whatsoever. If they did, it would be different. I had to do this several times before I became rude as she chose to never get her driver's license. She's only 55.

2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote