Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #11
What do you want to do with it? If stricktly grill I would push you towards a Webber Q. They make a great product. My home gas grill is 14yrs old and still going strong with $75.00 in parts over that time.

I had the LXE and while it was good, wind was an issue. Also you could not close the top on larger items and the BTU's on the low pressure hose were to be desired. I did not hate it, just was not my favorite equipment. Cleaning was fairly easy, but the chrome pan started to rust in 2 years.

Closed in the storage bag it was about 30 inches long x 12 inches high and 18 wide. The Webbers are more compact, but taller overall in height.

Now if you want to have a expandable outdoor cooking area then the Coleman will allow for a griddle, pot cooking and grilling of which you can do 2 at the same time. Webber will be limited to griddle or grill.

Currently I have a Camp Chef Big Gas grill and I love it! Choices are many and I would just examine what and how you want to use it before buying.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
I just can't bring myself to cook on a gas grill. For me, it's charcoal or the fire pit.
My grill of choice is a Weber Smokey Joe although they have an 18" version that is tempting since I have run out of room on the SJ before.

2013 JayFlight 26RKS
2013 F-150 SuperCrew XLT w/EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.55 E-locker,
firestone airbags in back, windbag behind the wheel,
E rated Michelin LTX M/S2s

"No matter where you go, there you are"
-Buckaroo Bansai
frieed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #13
Have owned the red one for 4+ years and it has performed as intended. Bought it because it is easy to store in the front storage compartment of my TT. I am only cooking for 2 so it's capacity has never been an issue. Wind can be an issue but it is with most grills. Closing the lid is a problem with full sized skilet or tall pan but you can partially close it over a skilet to retain heat.

I use oven cleaner and a pressure washer after each long term roadtrip to clean it up. Set it up to dry out and then stow it away for the next trip. Considered adding a hose extension so I could conect to a larger tank, but my experience is that I can get 3 or 4 good uses out of a green bottle. Have found this grill to be high quality, reliable, and over all a very good camping grill.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #14
We have the blue one and have used it for about eight years without any problems.I use a lot in the winter when I am out hunting for the day,set it on my tailgate to fix a hot lunch.Like was said earlier I line mine with foil for easy clean up.
calwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #15
My folks and sister and BIL both have one. Nither one like them and needless to say, if were not cooking on the Blackstone Griddle I have, we are using my cheepie store brand gas grill which cooks awesome

'97 Jayco Eagle 314BHS

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote