Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #51
Campfire roast

Great thread. I like to roast over hardwood campfire sometimes. Hard to duplicate from one time to another an exact taste but it is always good. I've had a couple of folks say it was the best coffe they ever had. On a backpack outing with a buddy, we shared a campfire with a man and his son. The heated water to fill microwave cups of Mac and cheese. I roasted coffe in a small basket for the next morning. Then put on the sweet potatoes for baking. After a while went onto the New Yor Strips, bacon wrapped asparagus and Bisquits on a stick. The kid was amazed. Had never seen cooking over open fire. We included them both with our meal, we had way to much for two as usual. Next morning the dad kept looking at his coffee we shared with him wit a puzzled look. I didn't ask and he finally looked at me and said this coffee is the best I've ever had. We drank three pots between us. The boy even tried it and liked it having never drank coffee before. Cold morning makes anything hot to drink better but fresh campfire roasted coffee is especially savory. Get some green beans and try it. You can even use a skillet to roast.
Sorry this is my first post and it went long!

Pdqtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #52
I'm not a true coffee drinker. It's 9:30 a.m. and I haven't made any. But I enjoy sampling different coffees, grinding and brewing them. After reading this I'll get some green beans and try roasting. There are enough choices to keep me going the rest of my days.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote