Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Derek700 View Post
I can't believe I am bringing this up, but at 47 years old this year I need to eat better than I do.
At 53 I guess I'm a little behind on the eating good! I'm just 20lbs heavier than I was in my senior year in highschool (145 lbs).

We indulge on anything and everything while camping. Seems like everything is fried in bacon grease!!! On the other hand the wife tries to feed us "good" food when we are at home but it's an epic fail when it comes to me eating it!!

On the grills, we have a Weber Q that is awesome. Got a cast iron griddle that fits perfectly on top and we do breakfast on it. Dinner is usually on the Q, over the fire, or in a Dutch Oven.

Good luck on the eating right!!!

Steve & Laura
1996 Jayco Eagle 234LS
2007 Chevy Crew Cab 5.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado
Beerlifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
Site Team
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
You can eat how you want but camping and health food just don't go together. If my poor old body can't handle eating garbage for a few long weekends and one solid week out of the year when we camp then take me out in the woods and shoot me.

Aside from my rant, the recipe sounds good. I wonder how it would work in a dutch oven with rice.

LOL... yup, we do the typical camp cooking when doing the shorter weekends with grandkids. Gotta have hotdog, hamburgers, and smores!

We tend to 'travel camp' which means we are on the road for 2-3 months at a time. Threads like this "Healthy Camp Cooking" is neat for us who will have no choice on what we -have- to eat *sigh*. Currently, we are on the road for a while and appreciate some new healthy cooking recipes

Derek! Thanks for the recipe. Tasted great (no tequila though)! Our bbq pit was happy, and the aroma had the neighbors drooling. Shared the "Derek Chicken" with a few who walked by LOL.

So who else has some "healthy choice" recipes??? Post them here in the "Campfire Cooking" forum!!!

Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt

CLICK HERE to save 30% $$ or more off your next Jayco RV
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
Glad you enjoyed it, we did last year.

2010 Jayco Eagle Superlite 256 RKS
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote