Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #1

My Buffalo Gravy !!Simple!!

Hey Guys, I love cooking while out camping. I also like to cook great foods with excellent ingrediants. Lets face it, we mostly have the full kitchens and most don't use them to their full potenial. Well here is one recipe that will make your friends or camping neigbors think there with a real Chef.

Buy a two pound bag of large Shrimp. Dont buy frozen unless you have to. Buy the shrimp deveined and your one step ahead. Take your large pot out and boil up some water. Add Salt to the water about 3-4 table spoons for flavor.

Take your Shrimp and a you rinse them under water in your sink Peel the shells off but leave the tails on, make a great handle for later to eat.

Place your Shrimp in the boiling water. watch them closely the trick is to not over cook them. You should only need to cook them for about 3 minutes depending on how many you put in. They will turn pink. You do not have to cook them all the way thru at this point because the Shrimp will cook later in the Buffalo gravy,...

Remove and strain the shrimp from the pot. Take another pan and add 1 stick of butter. Yep a whole stick baby!!! then take 3-4 table spoons of Minced garlic or 4-5 garlic cloves crushed over medium heat. Then add your favorite Buffalo sauce, I like Pistol Petes and Franks. I say this only because I know its sold nationally. I usually use my local favorite wing sauce. I try not to use too hot of a Buffalo sauce as you are making these for all and not all like there lips burning.

Ok garlic in the butter till brown. Then add your Buffalo Sauce slowly over medium heat. Then add 2-3 spoons of sugar. Let all this cook for about 1-2 minutes, then add your shrimp to the pan. Let the Shrimp cook in your new Buffalo Gravy and WA LA!!!

Take paper bowls and take a head of Lettuce and place a few leaves of lettuce in the bowl, Place shrimp in the bowl and serve with blue cheese on the side.

If you really want to impress them, I take my shrimp from the water to the grill for a few minuted and get the grill marks going. Just spray a little Pam on the grill prior to placing the Shrimp. Dont close the grill lid you will cook the shrimp to fast and over cook them.

Enjoy... I have many other fun recipes, if you want them let me know, and I will begin adding them...
bulldogs116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #2

One of my favorite hobbies is sampling ANYTHING Buffalo styled... I'm adding this to my cooking list - thanks for sharing...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote