Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #1

Oven and Coleman stove

We have a Coleman dual fuel 3 burner stove. Also have one of those ovens that you have to put together, that fits on the top of the Coleman. Now I use 87 Octane gas to cook on, [cheaper than Coleman white gas] and was wondering if the oven could be used to bake things. I would think that because I am using gas that maybe not a good Idea to cook biscuits, cookies or whatever in this oven. I know that using Coleman white gas the oven can be used but because of using car 87 octane I don't know. Anybody got any thoughts about this. Thanx
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:18 AM   #2

If the automotive fuel you are using is recommended by Coleman then you should be OK. What does the owners manual say?

I think it's kind of funny that nowdays they are advertising "Dual Fuel" for their liquid fueled lanterns and stoves. They have always been able to burn "white gas" (unleaded gasoline) or Coleman fuel.

Dual fuel usually applies to an internal combustion engine that can run on gasoline or propane/natural gas such as a generator, forklift, JLG, etc..
Old 07-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #3

I know this is a really old post but the dual fuel models have different generators that are designed not to clog as easily because of the additives in auto motive fuel. Still, we burned plain unleaded gas in our "regular Coleman" in the 80s without issue but presumably if you put enough through it, it makes a diff. I don't ever use anything but Coleman fuel nowadays regardless of the model.

For the original question -- I find it much easier to bake with a Dutch oven than to use the add on for the Coleman stove. It is a little more gear but worth it.

And I misread the question---I would not use unleaded gas to bake because of the additives in the fuel. Since this is an old post --- did you ever bake with Unleaded? if so was the food taste altered?

I have three of the two burner colemans, and three different Coleman one burners (backpacking stoves). Wish they still made the three burner.
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote