The Classic: "Omelet-In-A-Bag"
I'm sure many of you seasoned campers have had this classic breakfast, but thought I would post the recipe for those that have yet to experience this easy to prepare and make omelet.
Things you will need for "Omelet in a Bag":
* Large pot for boiling water.
* Tongs & pair of scissors.
* Box of Ziploc quart size freezer bags.
* Black Sharpie.
* Eggs (2 per person).
* Buffet ingredients (see below).
Prepare the following in advance in individual Ziploc bags for the buffet:
* Chopped onions.
* Grated cheese.
* Chopped ham.
* Sliced mushrooms.
* Chopped green pepper.
* Anything else you like in your omelet.
* Bring a large pot of water to boil, if you have a large group get to pots going.
* While the water is coming to boil, with the sharpie have each person write their name on an empty Ziploc bag.
* Have someone crack two eggs into each person's bag, then each person can add a couple tablespoons from the buffet ingredient bags of their choice.
* Close the individual bags and with two hands "squash" the contents until well blended, now open the bag slightly and push out the air (burping the bag), then reseal tightly.
* Place all the bags into the boiling water for 13 minutes, remove the bags with tongs, cut open bags with scissors and serve as named.
* Avoid having the bags lay against the inside of the pot.
* Pot should be large enough so boiling water can get around all bags.
* Make up the "fixings" at home and keep refrigerated.
2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS
Reese HP Dual Cam
Putnam Class V