Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2016, 06:23 AM   #11
TY Norty!

I have heard great things about the Q, so my expectations are pretty high. Lol

Happy Father's Day to you also! Crazy to think Father's Day is just around the corner.

I have considered hooking up to the lp at the back of the trailer, but there are times we use both the grill and our Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner stove at the same time. About a month ago I stopped by our local propane place and talked to them about making an adapter to hook both the grill and stove up, said I could probably use one at a time due to being a regulated supply, but not both due to the length of the 32, plus I wanted another 15' whip to get away from the trailer some. BUT I am considering running a hp feed back, and mounting a regulator at the rear of the trailer. Currently on the back burner mod list.

That is the model RT we have also. I actually use a 20lb tank since we also have the Camp Chef. Had one of the stove tops for the RT, but when camping with more than one family (our big trip is 6 families, possibly more) we needed the extra burners, so the last couple years it's only been used mostly as a grill.

One hesitation I had about the Q is the lack of a (included) stand like the RT. I do have a couple Aluminum roll top rectangular tables we use. Those things are awesome!!! So do have something I can set the Q on.

Not sure I will get rid of the RT. May keep it here at the house to take with for day trips or if needed when tailgating at Mi games. Mainly because we don't keep the camper here at our house, and it is easier to not have to (remember to) pack the grill every trip.

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Knauby View Post
I always used water in pan. I didn't change it every time. Yes I think it helped with clean up because the grease couldn't burn on.

I was searching "Cleaning Coleman Roadtrip grill" and found this tread. I bought a new Roadtrip for the camper today to replace our 10 year old one. I almost bought the Weber. But since we had all the accessories for this one, it made more sense to me to go with the same. It is a pain to clean, but has been a good grill. I am going to surprise my DH with the new grill. I hope I did not make a mistake not going with the Weber. DH always cleans the grill so thanks for the suggestion of water in the pan and the putty knife which I will include with the grill!

Maureen & Carl

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote