Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #61

Soo we gave our list of broken items and I had recently just watched some you tube video on a Jayco Eagle on how the outside compartment near the stairs ( main compartment that goes through to the other side) has too much weight allowance or something like that (I've no clue about the verbiage used for mechanical things) on the hinges. I told my hubby that it might cause the dang hinge screws to be stripped and start tearing the metal frame on the door due to t. Well, guess what happened?! The screws just stripped and the hinge just ripped off. Before that I watched as the metal frame overlap on the top of this door began to separate from the door itself.. we took the dang hinges completely off both sides. They both weren't even flush with the surface of the inside of the door to begin with. (2018 Jayco Seismic 4212) SMH
Hvail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvail26 View Post
Soo we gave our list of broken items and I had recently just watched some you tube video on a Jayco Eagle on how the outside compartment near the stairs ( main compartment that goes through to the other side) has too much weight allowance or something like that (I've no clue about the verbiage used for mechanical things) on the hinges. I told my hubby that it might cause the dang hinge screws to be stripped and start tearing the metal frame on the door due to t. Well, guess what happened?! The screws just stripped and the hinge just ripped off. Before that I watched as the metal frame overlap on the top of this door began to separate from the door itself.. we took the dang hinges completely off both sides. They both weren't even flush with the surface of the inside of the door to begin with. (2018 Jayco Seismic 4212) SMH
In our 16 Eagle storage compartment up front where the batteries set. The bolts around the front access door sheared off. Jayco warranty said they would replace with carriage bolts. Will See
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #63

2018 sesimic Hydralic leveling option

just confirmed by Jayco dealer there is an option for Hydraulic leveling on All Seismic for 2018. It is an Unpublished Option...............yes unpublished by Jayco. Jayco has not even acknowledged by phone or email to me. Seems to many that they don't want any blow back from all of us with Lippert Ground Control 2.0 or 3.0 issues. It is a $2,000 option for Lippert Hydraulic system.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #64

Wow! I was talking to my mom about them.. I had mentioned I’m surprised owners haven’t filed a joint lawsuit for a known issue which ends up costing owners out of pocket in the long run.. this is good to know! Thanks for the info!
Hvail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #65

True. It started with the awful leveling system, and for some reason they designed a pin that only extends a tenth of an inch beyond the inserted position. Should be a recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Can you guys confirm that the bolt to add as a precaution is a Grade 8- 3/8" at 3 or 4" in length? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a pin from the patio on both sides. I’d rather have a flimsy patio railing than a front stabilizer through my bedroom.

Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:31 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath_Hambone View Post
When the pin broke the front end of the camper dropped all the way to the bottom. As you can see from the teeth marks, the landing gear was actually jammed down about 1.5 inches.

Hi Heath, do you still own this unit? We have a 2017 Seismic 4113 and had this happen as well. Of course like everyone else, the auto level has never worked on this unit and has been to the shop 3 times for it. So naturally, like I do every time we set up, I need to manually level the trailer.
Well, this particular time, after getting it somewhat close from looking at it from the outside, my wife and I were inside the trailer so I could fine tune the leveling remotely using a level. I was just about were we needed to be and all the sudden the trailer came crashing down. 20,000lbs and almost 46' fifth wheel crashing down is something I highly recommend never doing. Was a very scary ride to say the least.
So, moving on...I could not get anyone to come out to do a remote repair. Luckily my good sam coverage got a wrecker out to get it lifted and put back on my truck. After calling around to find a place to take it, we got in with a repair shop.
When I got there, the first thing the service manager said was that the landing gear was installed backwards??? Not sure if you or anyone else reading this blog has ever heard of this before? After they got the landing gear working again, we were also told that the frame was bent in the process.
When we called Jayco about this, they are saying that these jacks along with the frame was done by LCI... so now, we are in a battle with Jayco to figure out what they are gonna do about this issue.
Sorry to make this do long, but looking for some insight... has Jayco done anything for you to make this right?
Thanks for your time!
mandinshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #68

Man over the last couple years I have seen your problem a lot on those big toy haulers.And Jayco's two year warranty is BS.We are 29 months in ownership of are 2016 Eagle.And have a laundry list of problems unresolved.Jayco constantly is moving there warranty issues to there suppliers LSI for example.Its the good cop bad cop routine from Jayco to the RV Dealer and Suppliers! Owners get screwed!
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
Old 03-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Man over the last couple years I have seen your problem a lot on those big toy haulers.And Jayco's two year warranty is BS.We are 29 months in ownership of are 2016 Eagle.And have a laundry list of problems unresolved.Jayco constantly is moving there warranty issues to there suppliers LSI for example.Its the good cop bad cop routine from Jayco to the RV Dealer and Suppliers! Owners get screwed!
Ditto, check out our issues over the past 2.5 years. The pins are the first warning signs of weight that is too high for this crap LCI electric leveling system. Ground Control 2.0 or 3.0 doesn't matter! It won't level " Out of Stroke" messages and constant manual mode required. They have replaced our front legs 3 times! We actually had a pin shear when they moved the unit to the shop to replaced the front landing gear for the 3 rd time.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #70

Man oh man how dangerous in the auto industrial two or three complaints. Like Ford they recall 1 million Ford Fusions. RV world nothing, your on your own!
Old 05-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #71

The same thing happen to me 9 months ago. 2017 Pinnacle, Auto leveling in my drive for the second or third time, and then it just fell. Scared the hell out of me and my wife. No one got hurt, but boy do I have new respect for how much weight is actually on those front legs.

I this a trend?

Tim
tdcoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #72

I don't have auto level but it sounds like I'm not missing anything

Last hookup of the winter on our way home the cross rod on the to of the jack broke the bolt and even after replacing it the DS jack wouldn't retract. Used a bottle jack to get the weight off it so it would pull in. When we got home it worked just fine so I'll look into it this summer.

This winter was the time for fails. Rivet at the hinge point on the steps broke too. We bought used so no warranty, anything goes I fix it myself. Not much in 3 winters and 20000+ miles.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #73

Seismic 4113 Front Landing Gear Mount Failure and 6 drum brakes full of grease

We just purchase a 2018 Jayco Seismic 4113 labor day weekend 2018. Hauled it from Sherman Texas to Cheyenne Wyoming. The entire trip I was questioning the braking system on the trailer and the truck. It was not braking like my old 2009 Heartland Cyclone triple axle. I made an appointment with my local Jayco dealer to have them trouble shoot the braking system on the truck and the trailer. Voltage from the truck to the trailer brakes within operating range. They started to look at each brake and found excessive grease coating on the brake pads and electric magnetic brake. They cleaned and repacked and sealed each brake system and adjusted. Jayco was advised of situation and I am still waiting to see if this falls under warranty.

Additionally,

While the unit was in the shop and the technician was working the brakes, the front landing gears collapsed. No one was injured thankfully. Jayco has been notified by the Jayco dealer and myself of the visible damage. Jayco will be contacting me within 48 hours to discuss further action.
Attached Thumbnails
20181012_105901.jpg   20181012_105850.jpg   20181012_094524.jpg   20181012_094400.jpg   20181012_094353.jpg  

cyclone2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #74

You will continue to have issues with landing gear. Shearing pins is #1 and gear supports are #2. We have had both several times. Our front landing gear has been replaced 3 times under warranty. 3 rd time out of warranty but Jayco covered it.
Watch your spring shackles, ours were a nightmare.
Attached Thumbnails
C8D8371A-E90E-46B9-8E84-2531BD75ECE0.jpg   E62D0288-F4B1-4B03-8313-E469D0FAA090.jpg  
Old 10-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #75

Thank you for the additional information on the spring shackles. I just hope jayco makes good on the warranty.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #76

Need we say more this is one Jayco product that should be avoided new or used!
Old 10-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #77

Wow. Unbelievable.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but it's obvious to me from the pictures that the general methods and materials would only be suitable for an ultra-lite TT.

The axle bracketry looks weak and thin, and of poor design. When metal shears next to a weld, where the metal is slightly weaker due to the welding heat, there is too much stress in the design. Repairing it by just welding it back together is not a correct solution.

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:16 AM   #78

The landing gear issues are not just Jayco issues. I had a Keystone Raptor before I bought my Seismic. I had the same landing gear issues. I think it is just the RV industry in general getting by with the cheapest thing they can get by with. I am guessing they have done the math and have determined that even with covering some warranty issues they are still money ahead using the cheap parts.
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
You will continue to have issues with landing gear. Shearing pins is #1 and gear supports are #2. We have had both several times. Our front landing gear has been replaced 3 times under warranty. 3 rd time out of warranty but Jayco covered it.
Watch your spring shackles, ours were a nightmare.

did you have bottoming out damage on that square tube your supports broke off? Mine haven't broken but I do have damage from the tube hitting it.
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:45 PM   #80

Front Jack welded bracket failure and brake repair covered under warranty

I talked to the dealer today and Jayco approved the repairs they performed on the brake system. Thanks Jayco for working with the dealer and understanding that the problem was a malfunction that was covered under warranty. Now I hope that Jayco will understand the design flaw of the front landing jacks and welded mounts should be addressed quickly to ensure no one gets injured or killed. Additionally, I hope they understand when the trailer came crashing down not only is there visible damage but what about the rest of the trailer. We do not feel comfortable if Jayco recommends repair, we would rather have a new replacement because we do like the 4113 seismic features and layout.