Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #41

Grade 8 3/8 is what I use. Don't remember the length right now, but was long enough to attach lock nut.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Can you guys confirm that the bolt to add as a precaution is a Grade 8- 3/8" at 3 or 4" in length? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
P25CT,

Correct. This is an easy and affordable piece of mind.

Don

drdontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdontx View Post
P25CT,

Correct. This is an easy and affordable piece of mind.

Don
...I should have added that I use a 4" but a 3" might work.

Don
drdontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Jayco knows us very well, as of right now the 4212 is back in shop for warranty again. 14 th time in 2 years. I suggest you read all my postings with all the issues.
Update: Jayco has agreed to replace both front landing gears Again! In May before warranty expired we insisted that the Front Legs were failing......they refused warranty. We left on trip and guess what they failed, we came back and had to use floor jacks to disconnect at dealer. After 6 weeks of back and forth Jayco agreed to replace both with the same Lippert crap.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Jayco knows us very well, as of right now the 4212 is back in shop for warranty again. 14 th time in 2 years. I suggest you read all my postings with all the issues.
Update: As of last week Jayco has approved replacing both front landing gears again..............of course this took 7 weeks of back and forth with Jayco. Parts arrived minus a motor and the wait continues. The biggest concern is the replacement parts are Ground Control 2.0 and not upgraded as we demanded.
The Jayco rep we talked too finally admitted that they are having issues with the Lippert electric leveling system? My response was " you think?" Our dealer has always said that the Seismic is way to heavy for this system. That being said we know it will fail again and not if but when!
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:16 AM   #46

I think no motor means rebuild kit only.In 2006 we had an HR Next Level we rebuilt those front landing gear about every two years.There is this idea that third axles puts extra stress on those front gears!Best of Luck
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I think no motor means rebuild kit only.In 2006 we had an HR Next Level we rebuilt those front landing gear about every two years.There is this idea that third axles puts extra stress on those front gears!Best of Luck
There appears that there is no rebuilt kit from Lippert. They ship
all new replacement legs etc. The last time we replaced I inspected what went back in and everything was new, no wear on anything. As for the triple axle putting extra stress on them, I don't know
I still blame Jayco for even specifying electric systems on this unit, Lippert rep told me they really never endorsed it on a Seismic. It all goes back to sourcing one system for all production of F/W's. Jayco and its sister Co. is the only OEM that uses electric leveling on Toyhaulers, everyone else uses hydraulics. Why? price vs. customer satisfaction.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #48

Agree!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #49

2018 Seismic 4212 brand new pin sheared

Wow! I feel your pain. Tried to put on those snap pads last night and feel like we should have left everything as it was. We consistently had our middle stabilizer jacks froze in place. They would not decend no matter how many times we redid the auto level. Finally hubby decided to do those dang "lego" plates under the left side to level it out more and try again. This time we hear a loud crack and the whole front end slams down! The left side pin sheared off in pieces. We've had this thing for a freaking week!! Not only is this an issue (huge at that) but we have no cargo AC working, central vac won't turn on.. amongst other issues (i.e.: forgotten items from Jayco pertinent to actually abiding in the toy hauler). At this point, being as it's brand new, it's seriously comical that they would put this product out with their name on it. Makes me furious. Going to call Jayco like the other guy did and see if they can get someone to come to us.
Hvail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvail26 View Post
Wow! I feel your pain. Tried to put on those snap pads last night and feel like we should have left everything as it was. We consistently had our middle stabilizer jacks froze in place. They would not decend no matter how many times we redid the auto level. Finally hubby decided to do those dang "lego" plates under the left side to level it out more and try again. This time we hear a loud crack and the whole front end slams down! The left side pin sheared off in pieces. We've had this thing for a freaking week!! Not only is this an issue (huge at that) but we have no cargo AC working, central vac won't turn on.. amongst other issues (i.e.: forgotten items from Jayco pertinent to actually abiding in the toy hauler). At this point, being as it's brand new, it's seriously comical that they would put this product out with their name on it. Makes me furious. Going to call Jayco like the other guy did and see if they can get someone to come to us.
Here is a e mail response from Lippert I got a few days ago:
Hello there,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the leveling system. You asked " What if anything can we do to prevent this issue from occurring other than trade it off?" I would have to say the issue you are having with pins being sheered off is due to the ratcheting of the jacks. Holding the retract button longer than necessary and letting the motors ratchet will cause the pins to fail and let the legs drop. This issue can also be due to low voltage on the system. The system is trying to work harder and could possibly break pins.

Bill Reed

Contact Center Representitive

w: 574.537.8900 | f: 574.534.7161

ref:_00Di0aIhw._5001YyX0ZI:

Wow that was helpful............Here many of us are weeks to years down the road with this leveling system and I get this response from the manufacturer? Most of us by now have figured out that Voltage needs to be above 12 volts to operate it.