Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2015, 05:50 AM   #1

E-Track install

I am bringing home a Seismic Wave today and I have been looking into various ways to tie down the toys. Has anyone installed e-track? With all the hardware options it looks very versatile. My question is how to install the track. Anyone have any ideas or caveats? Main toys will be a SxS and/or a Harley. TIA
MTRKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #2

E-Track install

I frequent the polaris RZR forum a lot and the subject comes up a lot I am sure what info you don't get here you can go there and pick up more. A lot of the SxS groups uses the e track and really like it . My experience in tying sxs and quads down is to use tire bonnets , don't use the suspension . I usually travel from Michigan to AZ every year and double tow. In the beginning I could rip and break a 2" strap in less than half way there. Amazing the movement in the back on some of the rough roads. The e- trac with bonnets would be great. As far as tying the e-trac down maybe someone that has done it can step in and help.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #3

E-track is available from red neck trailers, I do recommend using air liner track, yes it is more $$$ but it takes up alot less room
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. The air liner track does look nice. I'm interested in some specific products designed for the e-track. I'll have to see if there are similar designs for the air liner track. A strip of that around the wall would be nice. Useful chair railing.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #5

I installed etrack in my cargo trailer with 1" wood screws with a 3/8 head. Every hole on the track has a screw and I strap down both my Harley's on the track. Did the same on the walls and ran track the full length of the trailer 36" above the floor. Works great with the track clips and tie downs.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #6

Well, after many hours of looking and searching and calling, I have decided that the e-track just isn't a good fit for the way the garage floor is designed in the Seismic Wave. I still want to use the wheels to hold down the SxS so there is no additional strain on either the shocks or tie down rings. I like the 8 point tie down method used by the roll back guys. I can use the existing factory tie down rings for a slight variation of the method. Thanks for all the ideas you shared with me.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:16 AM   #7

Let us know your final solution when done.

Thanks
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote