Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #1

First trip in New Octane 222

I took my new Octane out for a 3 day camping trip this weekend. I loaded up my kayaks, 2 kids and 2 dogs and we went to Dripping Springs State Park in Oklahoma. It was pouring rain when I arrived and almost dark but I backed it in no problem. The weather improved but never got sunny until today when it was time to pack up and go!

We were in a rush and I had everything in totes unorganized. My toyhauler does not have the cabinet space that my old jayflight had but I do have room for Kayaks so I like that better.

Everything worked great, I had hot water, electric, heat it all worked wonderfully. I did have two small complaints....some kind of gunk came out of the hot water heater when I filled it and the little faucet screens got gunky and the water pressure went down. Once I figured out the problem and cleaned them water pressure was great.

The other issue was the "free" sewer hose that came with it was a joke. To short and the end was just bare hose, nothing to keep it from rolling back up. Luckily I had packed a new fancy one at the last minute. I had bought it for my previous jayco and hadn't used it. The little tiny storage area for the hose will fit the cheapo but not the fancy one so I guess I need to look for some pvc pipe to mount behind the batteries for storage. Has anyone does this?

Also I taught my Chihuahua to kayak! Here are some pics:

okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:25 AM   #2

[QUOTE=okieinalaska;281912] I guess I need to look for some pvc pipe to mount behind the batteries for storage. Has anyone does this?........... I have the same problem with my 273. I'm going to figure out something as soon as it gets above freezing here in upstate NY. I'll post up pics of whatever I come up with......Does yours have a fuel station? Thats the only thing that didnt work on mine on my maiden voyage.
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #3

It does have a fuel station but I haven't tried it yet. I ended up buying an adjustable sanitube sewer hose by d&w.
okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:34 AM   #4

We just finished our maiden voyage in our 222 and were very impressed. We loaded up to Harley's and went from PA to Daytona, FL. Overall a very positive experience. I agree about the sewer hose. I keep all of my black tank dump supplies in a plastic storage container in the storage compartment. Works well and keeps it apart from everything else.
Lodown is offline   Reply With Quote