Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #1

Unhappy jayco 3910 seismec fuel station problems

i have a new 3910seismec.it has a factory problem with fuel station.can not put fuel in it.any body else having this problem.been back to dealer twice.waiting on jayco to figure out problem.
sam rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

We have 3914 same problem have to trickle fuel in, I think the problem is vent line fills with gas and can't vent, we are also waiting on solution
Trucker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #3

fuel station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker1 View Post
We have 3914 same problem have to trickle fuel in, I think the problem is vent line fills with gas and can't vent, we are also waiting on solution
the prob with your fuel is not the vent tubes.had mine changed and still would not take fuel and my generator will not run.talked direct to Randy at JAYCO said they had to cut 2-new fill holes above original fills and loose 10" in cargo area.told him this is not an option for me as my quads barley fit now.his exact words to me were. i have 2-choices. deal with loosing 10" or don't put fuel in it.!!told him if they take 10" inside the door from living area would not open all the way.he said it would and i had to explain to him that it would not.he checked and said i was right.said give them 2-weeks to work on this and they would call me back.2-weeks was up friday. i will be calling them on monday.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #4

I just signed the bottom line for a 3914. Sam please keep us up to date, when I PDI or even before it would be great to know where this stands. Thanks for the heads up. And the fun begins! :-)
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #5

congrats on the 3914.we love ours other than fuel prob.called JAYCO today.Randy did not call me back.i will give him till tomorrow to call me back if no call i will call one more time if no response they will hear from my lawyer.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #6

Thanks for the update Sam.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #7

Sam what did u do to the vent tubes to modify them?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #8

Jayco said my fill prob. Was vent tube.told dealer they could change the vent tube all they wanted but it would not fix my prob.even a totally kinked vent tube would allow some fuel in.drove 130 miles 1-way to waste my time to let them change tubes.drove all the way back again picked up unit went straight to gas station and wahlaa !!!!!! Wouldn't take fuel.dealer didn,t even check it after change?i will call jayco again tomorrow will keep you posted sam.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #9

Hi everyone with Seismic fuel fill problems.talked to Jayco today and they have come up with a fix.they are going to lower the tanks about 1.5 inches to allow fuel to flow.hope this doesn't effect fuel supply to generator.i have told the dealer to get parts in asap and get r done.will keep you posted.get ready for a recall on this
Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #10

Thanks for all the work I will call my dealer and see what they say,
P.S. Mine takes fuel very slow that's why I thought the way the vent was routed with a low point in the middle that would stay full of fuel that that was the problem!
Talk later
Old 04-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #11

Fuel tank fill problem

Bought a fully loaded 3210 in October. Had the same fuel problem. Figured it was the vent tubes, since they are so low. I simply forced a 1" x 2' plastic electical conduit between the cross members and the two vent tubes to force the tubes up in the middle. This keeps the fuel from laying in the tube or that is what I think it is doing. Anyway, problem solved, can fill both tanks. Another thing I decided to do to make gassing up easier, I keep a 14 gallon plastic transfer tank in the back of my dually TV and use this to fill my tanks if I run short camping or dont want to go thru the hassle of pulling up to a gas pump with my total lenght at 52'.
HWC3 is offline   Reply With Quote