Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #1

Jayco Octane 161

I just purchased the Jayco Octane 161 toy hauler. I'm having an issue with switching from internal speakers to external speakers, switching from external speakers to internal speakers, or selecting both internal and external. Currently both sets of speakers are in use. According the user manual there is a switch in the cargo area in which the external or internal speakers can be selected. However, there is no switch in the cargo area, not in the control panel or anywhere else in the camper. Will appreciate any help. My audio system is the Furrion DV5100 (not impressed). Thanks
dmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

On my Furrion system the speaker selection is on the Furrion unit itself. Check your user manual for the Furrion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:59 PM   #3

Thanks BuddyRay, the Owner'a Manual on my Furrion DV5100 makes no mention on speaker selection and there isn't a switch on the faceplate. The owners manual mentions Speakers in Settings however I can't seem to access Settings using the steps described in the manual. I hope to call Furrion tomorrow and hopefully get an answer. Thanks for your response.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #4
Tik

My Furrion on my T30F uses the fader control on the stereo knob.

You could try that.
Tik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #5

on my 222 it is the Fader option. It took me a while to figure it out.
mocruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:38 PM   #6

Thanks

Thanks Mocruiser and Tik, you were right the fader control did work. My other issue is the Furrion DV5100 can play DVDs but there isn't anyway for me to connect my TV to receive playback video. I pulled the unit from the cubby hold (would you believe it isn't held in place by any screws). There are RCA cables connected to video/audio outputs on the back of the DV5100. The output cables are run into a hole between the rv's interior wall and exterior wall. I know the audio cable is connected to the speakers as I can hear the DVD's audio. But I don't know where they ran the video cable. If you can help me out with this issue I certainly appreciate it. I sent Jayco a customer complaint and waiting to hear back. Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
Tik

I'm assuming mine run from the DVD player through the wall and into the cabinet that is just above the TV. I know from there they drop down from that cabinet to the back of the TV. Never had to pull mine out to check as everything works fine.

My audio from the DVD player is from the stereo speakers and not the TV speakers.

Sounds like you need to figure out how to run the cables through the wall and hopefully you have a cabinet above the TV?

Hope that helps,
Old 07-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #8

Thanks Tik, no cabinet above or near the area of my TV. There's a small open area above the fridge that is designated area to place you TV. It is too small for a wall mounted TV. In the ceiling above, three are 3 coaxial output connectors. One is for the roof mounted TV antenna, one for a cable connection from the exterior inlet, and one satellite connector from the exterior inlet. I've removed the plastic plates for these connectors and looked into the ceiling hoping I could find the DVD cable. Not there.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:29 PM   #9
Tik

The area where the coaxial output connectors is where the DVD cable should also come down. That is where mine is, I have several coming down including satellite/cable, antennae, and DVD.

I believe that is the area they should have routed the cables.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #10

Tik, thanks again for your response and I'd like to ask a favor. Whenever you're next in your RV, could you please take a photo of the DVD cable connection and post it in this thread. I believe I'll need to take my RV to the dealer to resolve this issue. Having a photo of the DVD connection would help explain to the dealer this problem. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #11

Hi

Just bought a 161 July 2017 and have the same problem, if you have found the cure please post or reply to me

Thanks
Ken
yellowtrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #12

Ken, if you're asking about switching between internal and external speakers, use the Fade knob. If you'received asking about the lack of a DVD video cable, the dealer found the video cable above a ceiling panel. He ultimately ran it through the ceiling panel into the interior of the camper. A lack of quality control and inspections at the factory.