Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #1

Unhappy Jayco Octane ZX 26 Y

I took delivery in August a new toy hauler. I have had some issues with it. My question to the forum is what is the Beaver tail transition ramp. The ramp came with no diamond plate mini ramps at the. Top edge of the door or the bottom. The area where you would drive your motorcycle is a large gap I would think a small ramp at the bottom of the door would included here. All the YouTube videos show two ramps. Dealer keeps telling me its an option?? But the brochure states a Beaver tail transition ramp is standard. Overall I'm disappointed at the quality of the trailer it has some issues...
Alcors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #2

The way I understand it beaver tail transition ramp is the short area (a foot, or more) just inside the RV that angles down towards the ramp door. Your talking about the transition ramps at the top and the bottom which according to the web site lists those as an option.

link
Hboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #3

I replied once already but i guess links to Jayco's website are bad.

Any way the beaver tail Transition ramp is the short incline from the ramp to the regular floor height of your trailer. It's the last foot or so inside your RV that slope down towards the door.

My link went to the options list for your trailer. It clearly mentions the Transition Ramp (2) meaning there are two transition ramps.

Out of curiosity what other issues are you having? I've got a 2006 Talon ZX that I picked up this spring. Could not be happier with it.
Hboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #4

Thanks it's the floor that inclines to the finished floor. I need to get he optional ramps this should be standard. I have a window that leaks when it rains. The for trim is coming off around the side door and the stick on velcro is coming off under the fold up seats.
Alcors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #5

I would take it to the dealer. You will find that warranty items are taken care of by Jayco with no problems.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote