Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2016, 03:41 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrailGarage View Post
As much as I don't want to have to pull the under belly plastic off, me doing it will be much faster than leaving it at the dealer.

Did you find an easy way to pull down just the side of it to be able to find that sensor or did you drop the entire back half? Any tips on an easy way to access these sensors is greatly appreciated!
I was lucky enough to have an "inspection hole" that was already in the under belly. It was were my slide motor was mounted. Doubt you would have that. I was just very lucky that it was there and I could see the sensor from it.

I was able to remove a few of the screws holding the underbelly along one side and pulled it down to access the module and mount it, after I saw where it was. All without cutting anything.

The tech. at LCI had warned me that if I was to take it to the dealer they would most likely just start cutting away until they found it, I figured that would not be acceptable for me.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #142

I looked under right behind the rear axle and I'm not really happy with how they've stuffed some of the under belly up as it should have been cut off clean and screwed down to make 1 solid sheet across the entire underside. It's this crap that really gets my goat of not paying attention to detail. I'll take some pictures, maybe I'm just being anal about things and it's not really that big of a deal.

Quick question - before you fixed that sensor, could you ever get the auto level to work? I've gotten mine to work twice out of probably 50 tries, but it has worked a couple of times, it's just extremely hit or miss.
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #143

Quote:
I looked under right behind the rear axle and I'm not really happy with how they've stuffed some of the under belly up as it should have been cut off clean and screwed down to make 1 solid sheet across the entire underside. It's this crap that really gets my goat of not paying attention to detail. I'll take some pictures, maybe I'm just being anal about things and it's not really that big of a deal.

Quick question - before you fixed that sensor, could you ever get the auto level to work? I've gotten mine to work twice out of probably 50 tries, but it has worked a couple of times, it's just extremely hit or miss.
Every time I "zero point calibrated" the system, it would work, until I moved the 5th wheel, then the error "unable to level" every time.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #144

So I crawl under and there is access panel in the very middle, a few feet behind the rear axle and just in front of one of the generator gas tank. I take the 4 screws out of the panel and low and behold, there is the censor. Is there supposed to be 1 in the rear, in the center... or 2, on each corner?

They at least built a wood frame for the sensor that it's mounted to, but it's flimsy and other than the frame being connected to the metal frame, where the sensor is, it's only supported by the plastic underbelly. So it can easily bounce around... here are some pictures.

Looking to the right and left of what else is under the plastic underbelly

Pictures back at the hole, the phone camera was just in front of the rear axel

Beach Cart XL
Old 06-30-2016, 05:23 PM   #145

1 sensor. According to LCI. must be mounted so it CANNOT move and must be mounted in the correct orientations, which are on the sensor. "This side up" and "Forward" if I remember correctly. Behind axles and centered are good.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #146

I'll see if I can get it off that wood frame but they may have 2 out of 3. It's centered and behind rear axel. It's just not on something that won't move, cause I can easily move that wood frame.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #147

What did you mount yours to so the orientation of the sensor was correct?
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #148

I moved the sensor to the other side of that wood frame, the piece actually screwed to the fame which was solid. I'm not sure why they built that frame, was a waste of time. They should have just screwed the sensor to the piece of wood that they already had screwed to the frame.

I need to pull the trailer out of the side yard to a level parking lot to take some drone video of it tomorrow, I'll try to calibrate it then too and see if I have luck getting the auto level to work.
Beach Cart XL
Old 07-01-2016, 04:16 AM   #149

Quote:
What did you mount yours to so the orientation of the sensor was correct?
I left it on the wood like yours and screwed it to the frame member, just as you have done. Hope this solves your problem.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:07 AM   #150

This past weekend it stormed VERY bad in Wisconsin. Around 10:30 at night we hear a beep... beep.. beep... (you get the point) couldn't find it. Went to the operator panel of the leveling system and that was it. I left the freaking basement door up. The touch pad controller was full of water...... Ugh... Closed the storage door and left the little door for the touch pad open to hopefully dry out. I finally figure this thing out and BAM.... Stupid sets in again and now I will find out tonight if it still works or not..

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
This past weekend it stormed VERY bad in Wisconsin. Around 10:30 at night we hear a beep... beep.. beep... (you get the point) couldn't find it. Went to the operator panel of the leveling system and that was it. I left the freaking basement door up. The touch pad controller was full of water...... Ugh... Closed the storage door and left the little door for the touch pad open to hopefully dry out. I finally figure this thing out and BAM.... Stupid sets in again and now I will find out tonight if it still works or not..
Wow, sounds like something I would do. Hopefully its OK after drying out
Old 07-01-2016, 04:20 PM   #152

So I pulled the 5er out in our cul-de-sac where it's just about level. Hit Auto Level and of course, it worked. So I put a 3' level in the floor of the kitchen and in the garage and it was a bit off... so I manually leveled it the best I could. It's kind of a pita to try and level both rooms but I got it close and calibrated it. Then I moved the nose of the 5er up a little bit and ran Auto Level............ ERROR. M#*@#$%#%@%@%$****

So I retracted it a little and ran Auto Level and............... ERROR. I'm on almost perfect level ground. I don't get it.
Beach Cart XL
Old 07-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #153

Quote:
So I pulled the 5er out in our cul-de-sac where it's just about level. Hit Auto Level and of course, it worked. So I put a 3' level in the floor of the kitchen and in the garage and it was a bit off... so I manually leveled it the best I could. It's kind of a pita to try and level both rooms but I got it close and calibrated it. Then I moved the nose of the 5er up a little bit and ran Auto Level............ ERROR. M#*@#$%#%@%@%$****

So I retracted it a little and ran Auto Level and............... ERROR. I'm on almost perfect level ground. I don't get it.
Sorry it didn't work for you. My last suggestion would be to call LCI, as I said before, I spoke with two different technicians and both were more than nice and helpful solving my issue. I feel your pain.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExChief View Post
Sorry it didn't work for you. My last suggestion would be to call LCI, as I said before, I spoke with two different technicians and both were more than nice and helpful solving my issue. I feel your pain.
Yea I think I'll do that to see what can be done before I take it to the dealer. I leave for a trip on Tuesday morning so I'm not sure I'll be able to talk to them before that, but I'll call them when I get to the campground in Kentucky on Tuesday to see what they can do over the phone to help.

I really appreciate your feedback on this!
Beach Cart XL
Old 07-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #155

We have a 2015 Seismic 4212 with the Lippert 2.0 leveling system. While I don't know about the electrical issues that have been discussed here I do know that we have 6 batteries and a solar system so power is not an issue for us. What we have had success in leveling, at least 80% of the time is:

1. Before unhooking from TV adjust front legs to compensate for the slope of the front of rv. Ie: if its leaning more to one side then you want to adjust the legs so that the lower side leg is extended down farther than the other leg.

2. After raising the front up and unhooking, eyeball your front to rear level and raise or lower front jacks until the rv looks level from front to back.

3. Lower your mid and rear jacks to about 3" above the ground. We were told this by our camping world tech who said that if these jacks are touching the ground, as we were doing, then the system does not have enough travel in the legs to auto adjust.

We are still in the learning curve in the placement of the legs and have had to hook up again a couple of times to adust the front legs but while the Bigfoot may be a better system the Lippert system is what we have. I agree that we should'nt have to do this with auto level but I don't want to pay $7,000 on top of what we already paid for the unit to add a Bigfoot leveling system. I can tell you that I jump for joy when I see success more often than not now!!
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #156

One question I have when in manual mode to get everything level and re-calibrate...

How far off the ground the ground should you be lifting? Obviously the tires should stay on the ground but how much are you taking up off of the suspension?
Beach Cart XL
Old 07-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #157

Not all that much, just enough to set it some.
Coloradorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #158

UPDATE! I am corresponding with Trailer Life Magazine reference the horrible experience I have had with Lippert electric auto leveling system.

For those who have had issues like this thread shows, and are interested it being rectified one way or another. Please contact me via Pm with a letter outlining your year, make and model, and the problems you have had if not rectified yet, along with your name and contact address.

I'm asking for a refund of my system. You can ask for whats good for you.

It's time Lippert gets the press they deserve.
Coloradorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #159

6 point leveling 2.0 Lippert Ground Control.

Last July the front leveling leg failed on the drivers side, the gear box and motor came completely off the top of the leg. That took 8 weeks to fix rendering the unit again unusable.
This week while hooking up to take it to CW for more repairs the passenger side leg starting making the same noise during retract. You guessed it another failure on front leg.
Parts are ordered as of yesterday.
Everyone at this service dept. is convinced that this is due to the weight of the of Seismic 4212 vs a shorter F/W.
For those here that own a toy hauler F/W and use it in frequently your probably OK long-term. However if you use it as a toy hauler as we do and move it around a lot you are doomed as we are.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #160

Leveling Problems

Same exact thing happened this week a year a go on my 2014 3914. Everyone I speak to agrees. Remember weight times arm equals moment, moment being force to lift. Longer the length from pivot point more the force required for same given weight. So yes, those legs require a lot of force to lift the weight.

I guess we should buy a bunch and replace them every year? And yes I'm being sarcastic.

What this really needs is the 4x4 steel legs used in horse trailers on fronts
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote