Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #121

Question....when you guys are setting the zero point calibration, where are you checking level? The floor in the middle of the trailer, the counter, or somewhere else?

Thanks
Turtle Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #122

I check entrance of door, counter top and stove area just to make sure.
Coloradorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:27 AM   #123

Well I'm at Myrtle Beach and our spot is pretty level, it has a slight slope from back to front (crown in the middle) and I find it ridiculous I can't get the Auto Level to work. Luckily I could get it level based on the reading on the display, yet teh level says it's just a little off.

Anyways, my question is... to do the recalibration it says to manually level it. If I don't have it dead level and I recalibrate, is that going to be what the system "thinks" is 100% level? That's probably a stupid question, but I had to ask anyways
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #124

Yes. If you tell it "this is level" but it really isn't it will always want to establish that Unlevel configuration you told it.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #125

So when manually leveling, my problem is this. To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), they red light at the end of each arrow is lit red for the corners that are too low. Right now I'm pretty close to dead level according to my level - according to the LCD screen I'm at 0.0 for both, so it should be level based on that. But the Right button shows a red light, yet when I push it and the jack is extending, it eventually stops and won't go any further (but still showing the red light). I've notice this a few times. I don't think I'm out of stroke because they aren't extended that far.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #126

Leveling Problems

You may have a rear sensor installed wrong. The front brain which is a level sensor and rear remote sensor work together to sense level. It's common for the rear sensor to be installed incorrectly. It has to be very specifically installed. That will cause what I'm hearing from your reports.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #127

I've only got it to successfully auto level and that was on the first weekend trip on a spot from front to nbacl that was WAY out of level, I think my profile pic is of it, but took almost 15 tries. Now I'm on an almost flat spot and it won't.

It's going back to the dealer with a number of stupid quality control issues, like the front door latch be installed backwards...... Just stupid stuff. I'm making a list, I'll be posting my first impression and issues after this trip.

I just want the middle jacks to go down to make it more stable but I don't think you can even work those in manual mode.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #128

Leveling Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrailGarage View Post
I've only got it to successfully auto level and that was on the first weekend trip on a spot from front to nbacl that was WAY out of level, I think my profile pic is of it, but took almost 15 tries. Now I'm on an almost flat spot and it won't.

It's going back to the dealer with a number of stupid quality control issues, like the front door latch be installed backwards...... Just stupid stuff. I'm making a list, I'll be posting my first impression and issues after this trip.

I just want the middle jacks to go down to make it more stable but I don't think you can even work those in manual mode.

If you swap the middle connections for the rear Jack connections on the panel, then do a manual rear deploy (really deploying mids now) just until the mids sense resistance on each side, then swap the connectors back to normal it will accomplish what you wish and provide some mid stabilization. When you're ready to leave do all retract but make sure you swap the connections back to normal right after you're done deploying them. Enjoy your trip! Love that place!!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #129

Ha. So I messed with it manually to try and get it level per the level. Then for sh*ts and giggles I hit Auto Level and wouldn't you know, it worked. Guess I didn't cuss at it enough on Wednesday when I first tried.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #130

I'm back from another camping trip and had no issues with my Bigfoot system.

Ironically I ran into someone who had the same model rig as I Open range 413. I asked them if they had any issues with their rig. Guess what, they said yes the Lippert jack system doesn't work. Hmmmm big shocker there.

I am going to write a letter to Trailer Life about the poor results I have had with the Lippert system and the in ability to get it working.

I will mention the people here who have had the same problems.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #131

So if I'm on ground that is 1.0 degree or less off from level and the system won't do anything but error out, how is the dealership going to fix it?

What is Jayco's excuse to get them out of covering that under warranty? I'm trying to put together the different scenarios of what their excuse will be before I call this week.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-29-2016, 05:58 PM   #132

Keep things documented. If it continues to have the same issue and they keep trying to fix but can't talk to an attorney. Some states like Texas lemon laws cover fifth wheels also.

If your state does not have lemon law for fifth wheels there are legal remedies where you can get compensated. I wish i had known that.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:35 PM   #133

But can Jayco just pass this issue off to the Lippert as their problem to figure out? I only ask because a couple of times I've called about questions or issues, Jayco support has told me to contact the manufacturer. Once was about this issue, the lady I talked to actually said not to call Lippert, it would be a waste of time but showed me where to get their online documentation, then said good luck. The other time was when I had questions about my pilot light for the oven not lighting.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #134

I was always able to talk with Lippert, though the out come was bunk.

My Bigfoot jacks are flawless. Very happy with them.

Spent 2 years of agony with Lippert crap.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradorv View Post
I was always able to talk with Lippert, though the out come was bunk.

My Bigfoot jacks are flawless. Very happy with them.

Spent 2 years of agony with Lippert crap.
Yea I honestly don't see a positive end game in all this. If they could fix my issues, they already would have before putting this system on the 2016 models. I'm a bit confused why Jayco would even continue to use this flawed system.

So I don't really see what the dealership can even do to fix this issue. So it's just going to be a run around game...

How much do I have to drop for the Bigfoot system? I had it on the class A DP I just traded in and NEVER had a single issue with it, so I know it'll work great.
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #136

http://www.thebigfootleveler.com/5th...-trailers.html

Like you... I absolutely LOVE my Bigfoot system.
Have I had an issue? Yes. Two. Both were after hours and both were immediately solved by techs calling me back within 10 minutes.

You don't measure great companies by whether or not problems occur... you measure great companies by how problems are solved.

Bigfoot has never let me down. They will be on every rig I own... even if that means ripping out the OEM junk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"

J.Lockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #137

QEFA6-1630

5th Wheel Six Point Automatic Leveling System $4695

I just noticed the dealer I bought my Jayco from is an authorized dealer. I'm going to call and see what they charge to install this system. I'm assuming another $2,000 at best?
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-30-2016, 04:18 AM   #138

DirtTrail,

You should really read my post linked below. I know you have a six point system, but if your getting the "unable to level" error and it's NOT power related? Then your description sounds suspiciously close to the issue I had. It's frustrating for sure, but if you can fix it, it's a lot less expensive than replacing. By the way, I spoke with two different technicians at LCI and they could not have been more courteous and helpful!

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lly-34642.html
Old 06-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExChief View Post
DirtTrail,

You should really read my post linked below. I know you have a six point system, but if your getting the "unable to level" error and it's NOT power related? Then your description sounds suspiciously close to the issue I had. It's frustrating for sure, but if you can fix it, it's a lot less expensive than replacing. By the way, I spoke with two different technicians at LCI and they could not have been more courteous and helpful!

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lly-34642.html
Thank you for passing this information on, I'll read through it to see if it can help fix my problem. I'd rather not drop a bunch of money if the Lippert system will actually work, just seems some people haven't been able to get it to work as it should, which would be a major hassle for me.

Thanks again for the info!
Beach Cart XL
Old 06-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #140

As much as I don't want to have to pull the under belly plastic off, me doing it will be much faster than leaving it at the dealer.

Did you find an easy way to pull down just the side of it to be able to find that sensor or did you drop the entire back half? Any tips on an easy way to access these sensors is greatly appreciated!
Beach Cart XL