Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #161

My dealer told me that if I get an Out of Stroke error message, I will need to reset the control panel or it will continue to glitch in the future. You reset the panel by hitting the Retract All button. After this the controls should work satisfactorily. The only time I have had Out of Stroke messages is when I had any of the jacks not able to extend far enough. Using more blocks has always corrected the problem.
WIBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradorv View Post
UPDATE! I am corresponding with Trailer Life Magazine reference the horrible experience I have had with Lippert electric auto leveling system.

For those who have had issues like this thread shows, and are interested it being rectified one way or another. Please contact me via Pm with a letter outlining your year, make and model, and the problems you have had if not rectified yet, along with your name and contact address.

I'm asking for a refund of my system. You can ask for whats good for you.

It's time Lippert gets the press they deserve.
Im curious for an update about this !

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk
tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #163

Interested if this went anywhere. Lippert isn't totally at fault in my opinion. Jayco bears responsibility for spec'ing a system on a 10ton coach that isn't rated for the coach at the jack (each jack has a weight limit). The system can't lift the weight as needed at the various 4 points. If it can it won't for long. That system works great on an eagle or small 5er. Not 40 some odd feet and 10tons of coach. Every other manufacturer of large THs uses level up by LCI. This system can do the job and is what should be spec'd on the coach.

What did Trailer Life say?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #164

Today, after all the problems I’ve had since 2014, two Seismics later, I called and made an appointment to have the 6 Point Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling System installed in the Spring. Driving to their facility (11 hours from my home in Connecticut) in southern MI on the Indiana border to have it installed. Flat rate install cost no matter what it takes and includes any custom fabrication of brackets that may need to be done. My dealer cost would be much higher and shop rate with no cap if something needed special attention. So, road trip with a stop it is. Expensive, Yes. Get rid of this headache for good, priceless!

Old 10-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
Today, after all the problems I’ve had since 2014, two Seismics later, I called and made an appointment to have the 6 Point Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling System installed in the Spring. Driving to their facility (11 hours from my home in Connecticut) in southern MI on the Indiana border to have it installed. Flat rate install cost no matter what it takes and includes any custom fabrication of brackets that may need to be done. My dealer cost would be much higher and shop rate with no cap if something needed special attention. So, road trip with a stop it is. Expensive, Yes. Get rid of this headache for good, priceless!

I had looked at their website also this week. Wondering about what it would cost. Our problems with the leveling system persist but so do our slide issues. It is shop now due to slide issues again!

Our conclusion is we just need to get rid of Seismic, time to move on...........
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
I had looked at their website also this week. Wondering about what it would cost. Our problems with the leveling system persist but so do our slide issues. It is shop now due to slide issues again!

Our conclusion is we just need to get rid of Seismic, time to move on...........

$5700 out the door capped.

Way too much weight with fridge and too wide a slide with uneven load on that 4212 slide for a Schwintek. That job needs hydraulics or cables.

Heard today that Jayco is having internal debate and discussions on finally giving up the Lippert kickback for using the electric systems and going with quality HD hydraulic systems like the competition. Two sides o the debate so will be interesting to see what happens in 2019.

And I dropped my 2016 4112 off again today. Final factory warranty visit. Second time this year. Lost spring and Fall this year. This is our second Jayco. Funny my previous 2014 3914 traded rig was at dealer with more problems as well!

I’ve spoken to Keystone and Heartland owners this year. TH owners. While the leveling system for us is a problem, they have their share of other problems as well. 90 percent of these things are made from same parts suppliers like Lippert. It’s just a matter of the assembly and design. To me, having the second year of factory warranty is a huge plus.

April we’re making the trip to have the leveling system installed. Can’t wait.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #167

We were told 10/02/2017 by our dealer, Camping World, that Jayco is going to start offering the Bigfoot system as a $2000.00 upgrade when we were there for slide repairs on our 2015 Seismic 4212, again. You can view our continuing saga at Loboclones posts for the leveling and slide issues. I will give Jayco credit for covering the replacement of both front landing gear since we are out of warranty now. I'm guessing that they are going to cover the slide repair also, lower slide motor bracket pulling away from wall causing binding, since both are ongoing issues that we've had since we bought the unit.

After consulting with SO Loboclone we are not clear if it is the Bigfoot hydraulic leveling system or Lipperts hydraulics. We heard different things ��. Also, for those wondering how far out of warranty we are, we took ownership 5/27/2015. The landing gear problem was covered 7/5/2017, it was at dealer for two months because both of the motors that were sent had bent parts. We took it in for slide issue 10/02/2017.
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #168

I just saw this on another thread too. Here’s how I see it. Every person on this board who has or is having issues with their leveling system should sign a petition together to demand every one of us be offered the installation of the Hydraulic system (found out it’s the Lippert system btw) for 2000$. I’ve said this before, the ground control systems are under rated for the weight of the coaches we have. It’s an easy win. I just wish we had an attorney on here who has one and has faced this nightmare that would represent all of us in a class action against the company. No lawyers appear to have a North Point, Pinnacle, or Seismic. Just my $0.02.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:17 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
Im curious for an update about this !

Have you had any luck with this and looking for more people with issues?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
mandinshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandinshawn View Post
Have you had any luck with this and looking for more people with issues?

No, I was quoting somebody else but I had these troubles myself. It was a faulty rear sensor. Also had the two front legs replaced

tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
No, I was quoting somebody else but I had these troubles myself. It was a faulty rear sensor. Also had the two front legs replaced

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply

Old 03-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by P25ct View Post
I just saw this on another thread too. Here’s how I see it. Every person on this board who has or is having issues with their leveling system should sign a petition together to demand every one of us be offered the installation of the Hydraulic system (found out it’s the Lippert system btw) for 2000$. I’ve said this before, the ground control systems are under rated for the weight of the coaches we have. It’s an easy win. I just wish we had an attorney on here who has one and has faced this nightmare that would represent all of us in a class action against the company. No lawyers appear to have a North Point, Pinnacle, or Seismic. Just my $0.02.

If someone wants to start something PM me.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
If someone wants to start something PM me.
I do, but waiting to see what they are gonna do about my issue. Goes back into the shop on Friday...

Old 03-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandinshawn View Post
I do, but waiting to see what they are gonna do about my issue. Goes back into the shop on Friday...

A few pictures from when the trailer dropped

Old 06-28-2018, 07:13 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Lassy View Post
We were told 10/02/2017 by our dealer, Camping World, that Jayco is going to start offering the Bigfoot system as a $2000.00 upgrade when we were there for slide repairs on our 2015 Seismic 4212, again. You can view our continuing saga at Loboclones posts for the leveling and slide issues. I will give Jayco credit for covering the replacement of both front landing gear since we are out of warranty now. I'm guessing that they are going to cover the slide repair also, lower slide motor bracket pulling away from wall causing binding, since both are ongoing issues that we've had since we bought the unit.

After consulting with SO Loboclone we are not clear if it is the Bigfoot hydraulic leveling system or Lipperts hydraulics. We heard different things ��. Also, for those wondering how far out of warranty we are, we took ownership 5/27/2015. The landing gear problem was covered 7/5/2017, it was at dealer for two months because both of the motors that were sent had bent parts. We took it in for slide issue 10/02/2017.
I am going to be in the market for a toy hauler soon and have it narrowed down to Grand Design Momentum, Dutchmen Voltage, and Jayco Seismic. I just looked on Jayco's Website and it looks like the leveling system is still electric and don't see a hydraulic system listed in any of the options Anybody heard any more rumors about this.

The other 2 have their negatives also. The Grand Design uses some soft hoses in their plumbing with a mixture of PEX. The soft hoses are being installed on PEX fittings with PEX clamps and tend to seep and leak and some hot water soft hoses have busted. Does anyone know if any soft hoses are used in the Seismic plumbing systems.

The Voltage seems to have worked through their slide issues but there seems to be a lack of insulation under the garage.

Will be monitoring all 3 for changes so I can, hopefully, make a good decision when the time comes.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #176

The leveling system for the Sesimic going forward is an “unpublished “ option. It is Lippert hydraulic leveling system. $2K retail, this is per the GM at CW. For example we ordered slide toppers for ours and it wasn’t published at the time.
As for Dutchman Voltage when I was still selling, our dealership stopped carrying and selling the Voltage. The reason was Warranty support was non existent at the time and we had 2 units that actually had bent cross members. The floor actually bowed upwards 2.5” at the center of the units. Lippert and Dutchman got into finger pointing contest. Took over a year to resolve.
As for GD Toy haulers I for one would buy one, no knowledge of soft pek. Jayco uses residential pek and claps. No problems with leakes or seeping. One huge advantage for us is the fresh water capacity of the Jayco.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #177

I know this is hard to believe more than one member has spoke about the front jack pins failing on the Sesimic! And camper came crashing down!Madinshawn pics are scary!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #178

That’s a fact!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #179

That’s a fact!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #180

Which CW was it that knew about this option? Maybe it was an aftermarket option they were offering? I spoke to several local dealers and they called Jayco customer service. The only hydraulic option currently available according to Jayco customer service is a hydraulic disk brake option. ???
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote