Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #1

Octane 222 TV Shelf

Hello 222 owners!

I have purchased a 2015 Octane 222 sight unseen 800 miles away and will take delivery beginning of May.

I am interested in the exact tv shelf dimensions so I can pre-shop for the biggest led TV that can work. I am even considering a 32" on an arm that is slightly bigger than opening securing it in travel with velcro straps on external face of shelf opening.

If any current owners have the time to send me the actual HxWxD measurements I would appreciate it.

Also any current setups you are all using. I love my TV, Blu-Ray, Netflix, and wifi when away.

Thanks for your assistance!
KurtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #2

If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will try to measure for you, I keep my octane at my parents house.

I'm glad you brought this up. I have looked and looked at it and I just don't think I can attach an arm to the wall. It doesn't seem to have support. But you could attach the base of the tv to the top of the cabinet. but that means no swivel??

I probably won't get a tv anyway, my kids would never leave the camper, LOL.
But it would be nice to have in case of rain or to watch a movie before going to bed.

I bought my octane sight unseen also 800 miles away in MI, LOL. They still don't have any in Oklahoma for sale. I tried to buy local first.
okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #3

Okieinalaska..

In my current Jayco I had a similar situation when I mounted a tv in the rear bedroom, no wood stud supports. However, there were supports around the perimeter of the mounting area. I mounted a 1/2" pine board onto the wall by using perimeter supports. Then mounted the arm to the board. Secured with velcro strap during travel. Worked perfect. The arm was $30 from Amazon.
KurtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #4

Sorry it's raining plus I forgot it is easter Sunday! I'll do our as soon as i can.
okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote