Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #1

Octane T32C 2015-16 Questions

Hi,

My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a 2016 T32C. Is there anyone that has any advise on what to be aware of such as common problems, things you love you did not know it had, things to check in PDI? Also, I am assuming that the mattress looking cushion I see in all the photos is meant to extend the bed to a full size queen? Is this correct? Can you still scoot by the end with the pillow in front of the mattress?

THANKS!!

Dave
dcfergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #2

2016 Octane T32C

I'm wondering the same thing. Just getting ready to purchase one and want to see what to check for. Any advice you can give from your experience?
chaparro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:46 AM   #3

Not sure if I can answer your questions since I have a 2018 T32C but what I can tell you is the numbers they state on the brochures are a great deal lighter than the actuals. For the 2018 stated 1485# for Hitch, when brought trailer home hitch weight was weighed at 1800#, had to go back to dealer and have them swap out the 1400# hitch they sold me since would be in my opinion not enough when not having any toys in the back which sometimes do. If I were you would get a trailer tongue weight scale and take with you and see especially if you want to tow without any weight in the back and to make sure your TV is up to the task I am using a 2500 diesel and I am at my limits it is a heavy trailer. If you have any questions let me know
dkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #4

If it was me

If I was buying used, I feel pretty good that I can look at the trailer and see things that are ok vs. broke, etc.

However....

I would be VERY picky about the water system. I would INSIST that I be there to watch them sanitize and to see them operate all the parts and pieces of the water system.

Some sticker that says "we did it." Would not be enough for me.

I would also check full operation of AC/Heat.

Also make a very good inspection underneath. Don't just get down on one knee and take a glance. I would crawl around underneath and take a lot of pictures and look at everything.

Expensive issues can hide in these places just waiting to jump out at you.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #5

Thank you dkeller and Octane2Go. I will definitely be on the lookout. After reading a lot of posts on here about CAT scales I am definitely going to get this thing weighed both empty and with full gear. I had a chance to see the heat and a/c in operation. Everything looked in good working order. Thinking about purchasing the extended warranty for it. So far, so good with everything.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #6

I don't have to purchase theirs. And I would recommend u NOT. U can get it on ur own for the same price or cheaper if u feel the need later.
Brooksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #7

Thanks for the tip. I’ll definitely take a look to see what is out there.

Tags
mattress, octane, pdi, t32c