Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #1

Our T 26Y Mods

Finally got around to getting some pictures of some of our modifications loaded up and we are finally heading out to our first riding weekend with the machines and trailer (daughters competitive volleyball eats up the weekends).

first addition was 4 max air vent covers to keep out snow and rain during storage mainly.

LED lights on the interior were next from M4 products. Used the natural light colour and a couple different lumen sizes in various places for task and general lighting. We'll see how that goes and may switch some around depending on the use.

Next was the addition of a shore power connection at the power cable. I can't stand trying to shove 30 ft of cord back into a hole sized for 20'.

Added a bigger fold out grab handle at the entrance door. We find it nice to have something to hold onto and the one that was there was just a small little thing.

Next up was attempting to subdue the generator. We have a EU3000is Honda we used with our previous camper and have become spoiled with it. This one came with the Onan 4000 and it is right under your head when sleeping separated by a tin box and about 2" of air space with some 1/2" plywood for the bed base. First thing we did was wrap the tin box on the storage compartment side with something to deaden the sound and because I'm cheap I used roofing ice and water shield. Next was some sort of deadening foam. I just happen to have and old memory foam mattress pad 2" thick so we sliced it into the right sized pcs and attached it to all sides of the generator box as well. Any other space in that area was filled with mineral wool insulation and the plywood cover put back on.
As for the generator itself, Jayco saw fit to rigidly bolt it in place. The bolts are 5/16-18 thread so I found some rubber isolation mounts to replace the bolts (6 of them). It raised the generator up about 1" but there was more than enough space in the compartment. I had to add a bit of pipe to the tailpipe as well because that was rubbing on the frame and transferring a lot of noise. End result………….Very acceptable noise level for having a generator running less than 8" from your head. Not Honda quiet but way better.

Added a bunch of shelves to various closets and pantries to utilize storage better.

elastic netting above the cupboards for helmet and riding stuff.

more to follow……...
Old 07-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #2

the rest…...

Power tongue jack was an absolute must………

Replaced the exterior speakers with new ones (cheap). there was absolutely no cones left on the factory sony speakers.

Todays addition was a PVC tube to hold our ATV flags. I thought I could go across the trailer with it but it turns out the flags are just over 9' long. Looking at the trailer this spot just jumped out at me as a perfect place to put a 4" PVC tube 9'4" long. You can't see the 4 aluminum brackets holding it onto the trailer outrigger gussets but is plenty strong for some flags.

I know I'll find more to do but that's it for now, ATV season has begun…….

Ross..