Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

SaniCon Turbo Problem

So we have had our share of issues with our trailer. The latest being that the SaniCon Turbo 500 has a hose issue.

Simply put, it develops pinholes all by itself. Since this is your dumping tube, pinholes are not a welcome issue. :-)

Simple version. We tried buying online, they are expensive. Roughly a hundred bucks. We tried dealer/Jayco. RV has to go in and takes as much as 4 weeks to verify pinholes and get it replaced under warranty.

I had registered the device so I called Thetford. If I provide pictures they will replace.

This is a common issue. I have read multiple postings of others having this same issue.

However, Thetford is sending a better quality hose that has a sleeve to help prevent the pinholes in the future.

Taking pictures won't be fun as it can squirt water/??? as much as 15 feet. No one wants to be close to take said pictures.

I will say this though, if you take away the pinholes, it works. I would prefer to have it. Very compact and easy to use.

I will follow up on how Thetford did on following up on their promise to get the hose out to us if we provide the pictures.

Which seams silly actually. It is a known problem. Whatever. :-)
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:10 AM   #2

Just an update

Well, it wasn't easy but we got the pictures.

I called back and got a different person. I asked for Sarah who I dealt with originally and she was busy.

The new person wasn't interested in doing much. Getting it out the door quickly, as we had discussed with Sarah, wasn't possible and the shipping cutoff had been surpassed by an hour, etc.

I pushed a little and she went to Sarah who seemed to jump in and take over.

Ten minutes later Sarah had contacted the manufacture in Michigan and had arranged for it to go out tomorrow. We had to cover the expedited shipping but I had stated I would anyway as we wanted to have it repaired before our upcoming trip.

We should have it tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #3

Worth the hassle

We received the replacement hose. I will include pictures. You will definitely be able to tell the difference between the old and the new.

The new has a heavy, what feels to be, canvas or similar liner on the outside to prevent the thin membrane of the hose from getting damaged.

As thin as the membrane is I would bet that the liner would even rub it and put holes in it but, only time will tell.

Again, worth the hassle.

If you have this issue, get the serial number of your device and call them.

Direct links incase the pictures don't work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf0xs7i2t3..._0856.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lplv48ftjr..._0871.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg8tkw6krl..._0873.jpg?dl=0