Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #1

Seismic 4212 issues

We picked up our new 4212 the other day. Great unit, but we have had a few flaws that are hard to get resolved when you are now living in it full time and travelling. The two biggest issues are:
1. we had some water seeping out from under the pedestal of the rear toilet. I shut off the water checked the hoses and connections and then watched as water continued to come up from under the toilet at the base. Found about a 5' area with water on it. The grey and black tanks were empty, fresh water was full to mostly full. I assumed it was an issue with the toilet until we had some water back up in to our sink in the kitchen. I am now thinking it is an issue with one of our holding tanks and I am leaning toward fresh water. has anyone had this, seen this, or know what this is? I am wondering if something was just not turned on or opened up? The unit is brand new after all.

2. we had the washer/dryer option installed. Today we were running on generator power, had the washer and fireplace on, then used the microwave and the GFCI in the master bath blew out and won't reset. I would think that we would've popped a breaker first, so wondering if anyone has any ideas. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan
2010 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L
Jayco Seismic 4212 2016

norton0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #2

Just a dumb question, but you have 2 black tanks and 2 grey tanks. So you've drained them with 4 valves?

klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:04 AM   #3

Yes, I pulled all 4 to ensure all were drained. Good question. I also verified on the panel that all were showing empty except for fresh water.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton0428 View Post
Yes, I pulled all 4 to ensure all were drained. Good question. I also verified on the panel that all were showing empty except for fresh water.
Our 4212 panel has never worked right for tank levels, fighting with Jayco now. The other problem is the Residential fridge, the water line is on the bottom of the slide. It freezes, totally exposed! We ordered ours with extreme Weather Pkg, No heat wrap on water line, Thanks JAYCO!
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:22 PM   #5

2. we had the washer/dryer option installed. Today we were running on generator power, had the washer and fireplace on, then used the microwave and the GFCI in the master bath blew out and won't reset. I would think that we would've popped a breaker first, so wondering if anyone has any ideas. Any help is appreciated.

We too have had multiple electrical issues:
1. We are on our 3 transfer switch! I now carry an extra.
2. there is a fuse next to the battery cut off switch, 50 amp from factory. Blew it 3 times, Jayco said replace it with an 80 AMP resettable. They did.
3. Our Whirlpool Washer (2 cu stackable) has never worked on the Onan Generator. Had the Genset checked twice by Onan. There is a thread on this http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...her-34550.html
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #6

Norton: Good Luck with the 4212, we are frankly very disappointed in ours. Watch the patio on the side and rear. All fasteners will come loose and water enters the inside of the of the door. It will freeze and expand. I have resealed it and now Jayco is going to do the same again. You have Challenger rear and side doors/patios. Also the railing system sucks, be careful of all those goofy little snaps. The pins will be come something that keeps you awake. They will break often, try WD 40 or something to lube them up.
I will be in Cortez Monday getting 480 watts of Solar installed and Grand Junction Tuesday thru Saturday.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:52 PM   #7

4212 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Our 4212 panel has never worked right for tank levels, fighting with Jayco now. The other problem is the Residential fridge, the water line is on the bottom of the slide. It freezes, totally exposed! We ordered ours with extreme Weather Pkg, No heat wrap on water line, Thanks JAYCO!
I haven't had the same issue. Our tanks were all empty. I had just emptied them. Also, the water is fresh water, definitely. There is a notice on my sink that says that the water line will freeze. I suppose I could insulate it if needed, but we haven't even gotten that far. I didn't see anywhere that said the ice maker was included in the extreme weather package. I have had another issue with the panel, and that's that the awning one lights won't work by switch, only by remote and the gas meter switch is reversed. It shows the fuel station when the generator is pushed.

Still no answer on the water leak though.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Norton: Good Luck with the 4212, we are frankly very disappointed in ours. Watch the patio on the side and rear. All fasteners will come loose and water enters the inside of the of the door. It will freeze and expand. I have resealed it and now Jayco is going to do the same again. You have Challenger rear and side doors/patios. Also the railing system sucks, be careful of all those goofy little snaps. The pins will be come something that keeps you awake. They will break often, try WD 40 or something to lube them up.
I will be in Cortez Monday getting 480 watts of Solar installed and Grand Junction Tuesday thru Saturday.
I am not disappointed at all, just frustrated because we are living in this full time and having a steep learning curve on issues. Also, we don't have a ton of places that I can take it along our trip. We are moving fast. Actually at the KOA in Grand Junction today. We had a light come on our truck today coming in to town, so decided to stop and regroup for a few days. I have actually been more concerned about the water leak than the electric. Today in fact, when we connected to 50amp service, the GFCI reset and life is good on the electric side. We are learning about this generator living and certainly prefer shore power.

I will also say, Jayco and specifically Mike Aplin have been great. He answered my email last night while he was on vacation. I do however have very high expectations of this unit after spending what we did. I am sure we will get there. It's just tough when you live in it.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #9

Quote:

We too have had multiple electrical issues:
1. We are on our 3 transfer switch! I now carry an extra.
2. there is a fuse next to the battery cut off switch, 50 amp from factory. Blew it 3 times, Jayco said replace it with an 80 AMP resettable. They did.
3. Our Whirlpool Washer (2 cu stackable) has never worked on the Onan Generator. Had the Genset checked twice by Onan. There is a thread on this http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...her-34550.html
Because I am new to all of this, I am not even sure what a transfer switch is. I will get an 80amp re-setable fuse. I am quite sure that we won't be running the washer on the generator again until we can get this looked at. Oddly enough, the GFCI reset as soon as we connected to shore power and now all is good. Except for the leak, no one really seems to know what that is.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton0428 View Post
I haven't had the same issue. Our tanks were all empty. I had just emptied them. Also, the water is fresh water, definitely. There is a notice on my sink that says that the water line will freeze. I suppose I could insulate it if needed, but we haven't even gotten that far. I didn't see anywhere that said the ice maker was included in the extreme weather package. I have had another issue with the panel, and that's that the awning one lights won't work by switch, only by remote and the gas meter switch is reversed. It shows the fuel station when the generator is pushed.

Still no answer on the water leak though.
As for the water line to Fridge, at least you had a notice that the water line will freeze! We had no such notice and were told by CW that it was heated? NO it isn't. we have been waiting 6 weeks for switches to be replaced on the panel. I was working on the 4212 today, Fresh water tank says 1/3 and it is empty. Grey water 1 and 2 say 1/3 and empty.