Old 07-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #11

I have had the same problem with the main slide on my 2015 4212

kenleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #12

Were you able to get it resolved/fixed?

krkenned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #13

Sesimic 4212 Slide

Update............we finally got the Seismic back last week. The repair order date was Feb 9 th and we picked it up July 20. However we still have many issues. Jayco replaced the slide motors with 500:1 vs the 300:1 motors that were original. The slide moves without the start stop issue now. When opening or retracting it moves without hesitation. 500:1 motors are slower however the slide moves just as fast as before. They also added 3 more rollers for a total of 6. This took some fabricating and shims to install. Also as noted in other posts they added more outriggers, there was only 3 now there are 6 outriggers.

Jayco knows they have a huge problem with the Seismic, we have had so much communication with service @ Jayco they won't even respond anymore to us.

On another note we were told by the Service Manager, Service writer and our tech that since the Thor announcement Jayco is now refusing warranty claims left and right. Warranty claims payments have all but ceased and warranty issues as well as tech support has declined to a trickle. The Director of Parts and service has left after 30+ years and our tech support person at Jayco quit. Didn't take long for the Thor business model to take over.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #14

Well my 4212 is still in the shop to get the slide fixed. I spoke to the service manager and he said Jayco is sending the same parts to fix the slide. I told him this was not going to work just as the last 2 times. I called Jayco about putting the 500:1 motors on it and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I'm waiting on a supervisor from Jayco to contact me.
Loboclone, Do you have a contact name with Jayco on this problem?
krkenned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkenned View Post
Well my 4212 is still in the shop to get the slide fixed. I spoke to the service manager and he said Jayco is sending the same parts to fix the slide. I told him this was not going to work just as the last 2 times. I called Jayco about putting the 500:1 motors on it and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I'm waiting on a supervisor from Jayco to contact me.
Here you go.......
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkenned View Post
Hope you get it resolved, we have been on road for over 3 weeks now and no issues so far with slide now that the motors have been changed out to 500:1. Make sure you get rollers upgraded to 6 vs 3 and get your outriggers beefed up.
I wish I could report goood things on this junk Lippert leveling 2.0 system and the junk Westlake tires. Just ordered more Sailun S637 tires. Also the parts are in to replace the passenger side front leveling leg next Monday. Failing again. A Sesimic is way to heavy for this Lippert system, Jayco should be ashamed
Old 11-12-2016, 08:27 AM   #17

Do you have any pics of the outrigger upgrade, 3 to 6?

Grawe
Old 11-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #18

Love my 4212 still having problems with the big slide even after Jayco said they fixed it. I just think the slide is way too heavy for the small motors to move it. Jayco knows about this problem they just don't to spend the money to fix it. Yes I will buy another Jayco next time
kenleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #19

We recently traded in our Recon 39 and purchased a 2016 Seismic 400W. We were very disappointed with the fit and finish. We have over 40 items that need to be addressed by the dealer under warranty. Some things were minor such as a dent in the oven door. Others were just stupid. For example, the hot and cold water in the shower is reversed.... Just someone rushing too much to get it done and shipped. I seriously think that when it comes time in a few years to get another trailer it may not be a Jayco.