Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #1

Seismic Wave 320W

I'm new to this forum. My wife and I are very close to pulling the trigger on a brand new 320W. I am wondering if there are any current owners here. If so, what do you tow with? How has the quality been for you? Where did you buy it? Are you satisfied with the dealer? I ask all this because we are in Central WI. the rig we are looking into is in Muskegon, MI at All Seasons RV. Has anyone dealt through them? What are the pluses and minuses of your 320W? We will tow whatever we get with a 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. Crew cab with 6 foot box. I have the Air Lift 5000 air bags, getting installed tomorrow. I also have a Pullrite Superglide 16K fifth wheel hitch coming.
Thanks all,
Wayne
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:35 AM   #2

Seems like a good unit and I like the floor plan. I don't know if it matters, but they are built on a 10 inch frame vs 12 for most others (one way to keep the weight down). I seriously considered the 352w model because I want a 12ft garage. I ended up going another route but you can't beat jayco warranty
Old 03-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #3

We just purchased a 310 Seismic Wave from Freedom RV in Slinger, WI. Like you, we seriously considered buying from what I will call an Internet RV dealer. I believe that they understand that they will sell this unit to you and will probably never need to do another day of service. There is nothing wrong with this concept, but you need to realize that your local dealer will not be in a hurry to fix a camper that you did not buy from them. You will rightfully go to the back of the service line and all their customers come first. If you want a relationship with a local dealer, then that will come at a higher purchase price. At the price of gas and the time to drive to the dealer, will you really take your unit back to MI for service. Each road trip would easily cost you $500 in gas, wear and overnight lodging. I have purchased 6 campers in 25 years and have averaged 2-3 warranty visits to make things perfect. Are you game to do that with MI? Otherwise how much more might you pay a local dealer that may have more overhead and doesn't just deal in pure volume and minimal service? In my case, I got a price from the Internet Company and then a price from the local dealer. There was a difference and I negotiated a price that was acceptable for me to stay with the local dealer. Obviously, there is some price point that will make the distance worth it, but only you will know what that is.
In regards to your truck, your more than fine. I had a 2003 diesel Silverado that pulled a 351 Eagle Premiere, over 12,000 lbs, with no problems. So you should be fine. I just traded it in for a 2014 Silverado, and the exhaust brake is to die for. Almost no pedal braking necessary going down a mountain with the trailer. Awesome.
WIBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #4

I just ordered a new Seismic 4212, and pretty much did what RBOEHLKE described. I got a few local quotes and then a couple from internet "wholesalers." Eventually, I ended up ordering from the local dealer but it wasn't without some pain. I run a business, so I get that everybody needs to make a buck but the local guys started out at about $17k higher than the online quote. I understand he has other costs involved but it's $1k tops to transport it here, so honestly the difference almost made me mad enough to not even go back. The blank look on his face was pretty entertaining when I put that quote on his desk. The only reason I went back was to build a relationship with a local dealer for service. I ended up paying about $2700 over the internet quote (factor in the shipping and it's say $1700). The online dealer wasn't selling it to me at cost, so how much money does a dealer need to make on a unit? Why is it reasonable to expect to pay more just to give them the extended business of service and warranty work that they get paid for? I dunno, the whole process is definitely less than enjoyable.
kstompaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision..
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote