Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2015, 08:57 PM   #1

Seismic Wave 352W

Well just took delivery a new 352W, was all excited to check it out. I'm sorry to say but I'm kind of disappointed in the quality of work, I did look at a few Toy Haulers before buying this one but not with a microscope.
1 which is not Jayco's fault but someone didn't secure the table in the back and it knocked a hole in the garage wall, which the dealer said they would fix or credit me for
2 They delivered the unit, salesperson had the generator running and set it all up and showed me how to, then after he left the generator quit. I thought he forgot to fill the tank up and checked and he did fill it up. For some reason its not charging the batteries. I checked all the fuse's and breakers all good, but it had some fuse's next to the battery I couldn't get to light my test light. hmm I thought I found the problem, fuse's were bad and I mean no power on either side of them, I replaced them and still no charge. The tech at the dealership said to charge the batteries 5 hours and that should fix it. No did not. And no shore power is available at the time.
3 Wiring under the seat slide out is not even in the wire hangers, easy fix but come on.
4 Screws hold foil faced insulation band missing under filth wheel missing on one side
Metal shavings all over in compartments, slide outs, etc.
Wall panel at kitchen slide out paper peeling around trim where slide out trim is
Know I know some might think I'm complaining or nit picking but I paid dang
good money for this unit and now I'm wondering if I did buy the best
I know the dealer can fix most items but the tech with his high tourqe screw gun already stripped some screws while doing a walk around with me and that kind of bothers me. I worked as a GM mechanic for years would never use them on stuff that strip out easy
Grumpy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #2

I'm sure you paid a PDI too. Unacceptable in my book!
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy James View Post
Well just took delivery a new 352W, was all excited to check it out. I'm sorry to say but I'm kind of disappointed in the quality of work, ...snip...
How sad. From your description, it sounds like the dealer dropped the ball on your unit... not just one, but many balls.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:51 PM   #4

Your oppinon?

Beginning to think this trailer a lemon
Went to put the water filter in and the bottom of the filter housing was laying on the plywood and compartment was wet and had water standing. Good thing I decided to install it before hooking water up

Was inspecting since all the issues and all the bolts on the right side of the fifth wheel where its bolted are loose or have fallen out.

The slide for the theater setting does not go out flush with the trim on one side, the other does.

The slide for the stove goes out flush on both sides but has a gap at the bottom
on one side

The dealer is picking the unit up and going to repair but I'm wondering if I should let him bring it back

Now what I want to know is would you let the dealer fix this unit or demand your money back???
Old 03-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #5

Hi sorry to hear about all your problems. I don't think they will give your money back but give it a try. I would try to at least exchange the unit. We looked at a Seismic Wave 352 and liked the floor plan but I also notice some minor problems with it. The garage door wouldn't stay shut and the washer and dryer hook ups cover came apart when trying to put it back in place. These are just the things we found in our first little walk around just to check out the floor plan. Good luck and keep us updated. My nearest dealer is 4 hours away and I want to see how Jayco threats you and your trailer.
Jeeper93436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #6

Well update on my toy hauler. The dealer came picked the unit up and repaired all the problems and brought it back in one day. They really stepped up. I spent the first night in it and love it thus far. Time will tell. All you folks that work on these units and PDI need to take note, because you don't do your job it can make a dissatisfied customer real quick. All of the problems I had could have been prevented if the PDI person had done their job. The dealer made the person that did the PDI the unit come out and pick it up.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #7

Glad to hear that took care of you and all is well with the trailer now. Keep us updated as to how everything holds up.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #8

352 issues

Hi just wondering how your next couple years went , not many sesmic 352 wave out there , just bought a 15 and was curious if any other major issues came up? Thanks
srbjmw is offline   Reply With Quote