Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #1

Swintek Slide Lubrication

Sorry if this has already been covered. I am a bit confused on the proper lubricant for the Swintek slides. I own a 2015 310W Siesmic. I understand the track itself is to be left alone. But the Block located just behind the rubber seals need to be lubricated with a PTF dry lube. Is this correct?
EdBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:29 PM   #2

When I originally had problem with my slides the tech where I purchased my unit gave me a can of spray white lithium grease. Was told to spray all tracks and that would take care of it. Wrong.....Had to have it steam cleaned off. Another tech from another dealer came out and I was instructed to use this (CRC Syntha-Tech Lubricant with PTFE). Was told to spray the tracks and that area just behind the corner seal. Also told never to wax painted face of side of slides but wipe it down with spray silicone and a rag. Also use the foam seal conditioner on the main seals and wipe evenly on with rag. So hopefully this is the correct information.... but this is what I was instructed to do.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote