Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

Question Tankage capacity, filling , dumping

It would appear we have 2 Fresh Water, 2 Grey Water and 2 Black water tanks in our TH. (2010 Recon ZX that we bought used so I didn't get the benefit of a factory dealer walkthrough).

The tank level monitor bears out what the spec sheets says, which is that there are 2 x 68 gal Fresh Water, 2 X 28 gal grey water and 2 x 35 gal Black water tanks on board.

However, while there are 2 dump valves for the grey water, there is only 1 for the black water. It doesn't seem like they would be interconnected?

Also, there is only one Fresh Water Tank Fill for the two labeled tanks. That would be a little more logical than the black tank dump, that one fill point is filling both tanks, but would that mean they fill simultaneous or one fills and the other fills from that or the overflow?

Anyone with similar tankage experience?
SSBN608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #2

I am not familiar with your unit, but have had other Jayco 5'rs with similar specs. It is not uncommon to connect two tanks together internally. Because of this, there might be only one valve and one indicator light as to how full they are. If tanks are not tied together, say when one grey water is for the bathroom and one is for the kitchen, then you would have two separate valves and indicators. If you had one bathroom, I would expect their tied together, separate bathrooms might require separate tanks and valves. It is my understanding that when tanks are tied together, they are connected at the bottom and water raises and falls together. This is to get the most tank capacity at all times. Hope this is correct for your situation.
WIBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote