Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: dallas
Posts: 97
Wall construction

The jayco octane line of toy haulers and the jayco super lite octane th are made with two different kind of walls. I'm just wanting to know your thoughts on would the octane be better to cool down when hot outside and keep cool in and more heat out than the other? Or why is one better than the other in construction in your opinion ? I have a sl octane for now and to me it just takes a little while to get cool inside weather its in the shade or in direct sun ,,,,Thanks
__________________

__________________
Previous units-2016 jayco octane sl floor plan 222,, 2016 Winnebago spider 28sc,, Current unit- 2017 keystone raptor 398ts,,, 2016 Chevy CC 3500hd dually High Country 6.6 duramax
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Loboclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rio Rancho
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
The jayco octane line of toy haulers and the jayco super lite octane th are made with two different kind of walls. I'm just wanting to know your thoughts on would the octane be better to cool down when hot outside and keep cool in and more heat out than the other? Or why is one better than the other in construction in your opinion ? I have a sl octane for now and to me it just takes a little while to get cool inside weather its in the shade or in direct sun ,,,,Thanks
As a retired Jayco master salesperson this is easy................
The Octane Lite is stick and tin construction with batt insulation in the walls.
the Octane is fiberglass vacuum laminated walls and foam insulation in the sandwich. The Octane will cool down faster and hold heat better. There is an obvious price difference however. roof construction on both are identical.

How long you going to keep it? Long term the Fiberglass is a better option. Go with an enclosed underbelly and heated tanks if your going to get it in cold weather.
Also add a Onan genie and an upgraded AC unit to 15K.

Happy trails, just got back from Colorado with my Seismic.
__________________

__________________
2015 F-450 XLT 440 HP Power Stroke 26.5K Custom Resse F/W, Manual Regen, 19.5 Rubber
2014 Oreion Sand Reeper 4x4 Toy steel everywhere, street legal and licensed, 5 speed manual, 3 cylinder DOHC "Chery" engine and 2 door fun.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: dallas
Posts: 97
Thank you sir for confirming what I had heard about the construction. I was looking at a 273 but have changed to go to a t31. I have looked at both and know about the price increase on the t31 but it is a little bigger and although I have a Honda eu7000 generator. im going to get the t31 with the onan 5500 and 2 a/c units if possible . When I checked last you could custom build a 273 with dual a/c but I still haven't gained room in back for my side by side. I'm happy with my jayco, just wished it would cool down better but maybe that's unreasonable considering we're having 100 plus days now in Texas ..
__________________
Previous units-2016 jayco octane sl floor plan 222,, 2016 Winnebago spider 28sc,, Current unit- 2017 keystone raptor 398ts,,, 2016 Chevy CC 3500hd dually High Country 6.6 duramax
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: dallas
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
As a retired Jayco master salesperson this is easy................
The Octane Lite is stick and tin construction with batt insulation in the walls.
the Octane is fiberglass vacuum laminated walls and foam insulation in the sandwich. The Octane will cool down faster and hold heat better. There is an obvious price difference however. roof construction on both are identical.

How long you going to keep it? Long term the Fiberglass is a better option. Go with an enclosed underbelly and heated tanks if your going to get it in cold weather.
Also add a Onan genie and an upgraded AC unit to 15K.

Happy trails, just got back from Colorado with my Seismic.
I bet your happy with that Seismic, Those are the ultimate to have, Very nice.
__________________
Previous units-2016 jayco octane sl floor plan 222,, 2016 Winnebago spider 28sc,, Current unit- 2017 keystone raptor 398ts,,, 2016 Chevy CC 3500hd dually High Country 6.6 duramax
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Loboclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rio Rancho
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
I bet your happy with that Seismic, Those are the ultimate to have, Very nice.
No not happy at all, Lemon from day one. Been in shop 8 months out of 14.
__________________
2015 F-450 XLT 440 HP Power Stroke 26.5K Custom Resse F/W, Manual Regen, 19.5 Rubber
2014 Oreion Sand Reeper 4x4 Toy steel everywhere, street legal and licensed, 5 speed manual, 3 cylinder DOHC "Chery" engine and 2 door fun.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Columbus
Posts: 55
Jayco Octane 273, We are looking to get one but have concerns about how to get our two ATVs in at the same time. It seems that even with the new lifting couches that there isn't enough room to get them in side by side. Everyone says "no big deal, just stagger them." We have two Honda Formans. Anyone try this, how hard is it to stagger them or is it real easy?
__________________

Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.