Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #1

Wall construction

The jayco octane line of toy haulers and the jayco super lite octane th are made with two different kind of walls. I'm just wanting to know your thoughts on would the octane be better to cool down when hot outside and keep cool in and more heat out than the other? Or why is one better than the other in construction in your opinion ? I have a sl octane for now and to me it just takes a little while to get cool inside weather its in the shade or in direct sun ,,,,Thanks
Old 08-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
The jayco octane line of toy haulers and the jayco super lite octane th are made with two different kind of walls. I'm just wanting to know your thoughts on would the octane be better to cool down when hot outside and keep cool in and more heat out than the other? Or why is one better than the other in construction in your opinion ? I have a sl octane for now and to me it just takes a little while to get cool inside weather its in the shade or in direct sun ,,,,Thanks
As a retired Jayco master salesperson this is easy................
The Octane Lite is stick and tin construction with batt insulation in the walls.
the Octane is fiberglass vacuum laminated walls and foam insulation in the sandwich. The Octane will cool down faster and hold heat better. There is an obvious price difference however. roof construction on both are identical.

How long you going to keep it? Long term the Fiberglass is a better option. Go with an enclosed underbelly and heated tanks if your going to get it in cold weather.
Also add a Onan genie and an upgraded AC unit to 15K.

Happy trails, just got back from Colorado with my Seismic.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:48 PM   #3

Thank you sir for confirming what I had heard about the construction. I was looking at a 273 but have changed to go to a t31. I have looked at both and know about the price increase on the t31 but it is a little bigger and although I have a Honda eu7000 generator. im going to get the t31 with the onan 5500 and 2 a/c units if possible . When I checked last you could custom build a 273 with dual a/c but I still haven't gained room in back for my side by side. I'm happy with my jayco, just wished it would cool down better but maybe that's unreasonable considering we're having 100 plus days now in Texas ..
Old 08-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
As a retired Jayco master salesperson this is easy................
The Octane Lite is stick and tin construction with batt insulation in the walls.
the Octane is fiberglass vacuum laminated walls and foam insulation in the sandwich. The Octane will cool down faster and hold heat better. There is an obvious price difference however. roof construction on both are identical.

How long you going to keep it? Long term the Fiberglass is a better option. Go with an enclosed underbelly and heated tanks if your going to get it in cold weather.
Also add a Onan genie and an upgraded AC unit to 15K.

Happy trails, just got back from Colorado with my Seismic.
I bet your happy with that Seismic, Those are the ultimate to have, Very nice.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
I bet your happy with that Seismic, Those are the ultimate to have, Very nice.
No not happy at all, Lemon from day one. Been in shop 8 months out of 14.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #6

Jayco Octane 273, We are looking to get one but have concerns about how to get our two ATVs in at the same time. It seems that even with the new lifting couches that there isn't enough room to get them in side by side. Everyone says "no big deal, just stagger them." We have two Honda Formans. Anyone try this, how hard is it to stagger them or is it real easy?
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote