Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #1

Wiring diagrams (355w toy hauler)

Jayco as I'm sure everyone has figured out does not publish or supply any type of wiring diagram for their trailers unlike Winnebago who publish all that info. Sadly they did not have a unit like the Seizmic Wave 355w we bought and to be honest this was not something I had investigated prior to purchasing.

Unfortunately even though the dealership we bought from gave us a great deal on this unit they are useless at providing any support either. Of course they want you to return for service and spend more money. I can't imagine any other dealer would help either since we did not purchase through them.

This brings me to joining this forum to try and find something and to read other people's views and perspectives of their experiences.

As I am a mechanic and electrician and have worked on both boats, cars and electric forklifts, the 12v / 115v systems in this unit are relatively simple. In fact it surprises me the way Jayco runs their wiring as they could dramatically reduce the amount of wiring had they used a common point(s) for grounding each device. In today's market most manufacturers stretch wiring to the limit to save every dollar they can which is why I was shocked to find this is not the case in our unit.

From what I see each device is wired with different coloured positive wires with white being ground. A wiring schematic would provide a ledgend for each device and would certainly make tracing wires much easier.

I am wondering if anyone has ANY wiring diagram for any Jayco models as the devices and colours are likely somewhat standardized.

Or if anyone knows where a diagram may be published. Thanks.
Wilsonbryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #2

I emailed Jayco a week after purchase asking for the electrical diagrams so I could locate a power source for a fan to go into a static opening. The next day I received a reply with a PDF attachment showing all the wiring diagrams. I have heard of others trying this and they say no till the warranty is up. If you email them include your VIN. Good Luck.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #3

Thanks Sundancer! I will give it a try and see what Jayco replies with. My dealer said they would not provide them but I suspect it is their ploy to get me to return for service. Not a chance as I would never deal with them again. They have been terrible at any kind of support and I gave them a poor review. I would much rather do the little repairs myself anyway as I then know it is at least done right.

Thanks again and I will let you know Jayco's response.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #4

So far less than impressed with Jayco's "customer service" or lack of it. I requested diagrams and it took over a week for a response only to be told no due to liability. I have seen other posts with the same response.
I had also mentioned the lack of dealer support and Jayco did not even care to respond on that. Apparently they don't care and if this is how they support their product overall I doubt very much I will ever buy another.