Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #1

2015 Precept 31UL tailgate satellite dish hookup

Has anyone done this on the 2015 Precept? I was told by Jayco that I would have to add a A/B switch at the booster were the SAT/AUX coax from the outside terminates to switch btw cable and SAT because the SAT signal will not go through the booster circuit. When I removed the wall plate I found a coax attached at another termination on the plate ID as SAT/AUX on the plate. Jayco's wiring diagram did not show this other coax it only had the one going to the booster. So I'm confused as to which to use?
I have added a pic of the back of the booster wall plate.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Booster wall plate.png  
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

So this is what I have figured out. The grey wire you see on the back of the booster plate is connected to the out side SAT coax in the water bay. The other coax that connects to the front were it says TV is the coax coming from the dinette TV. So what will do this weekend is connect up to the SAT receiver and see if it works. The SAT coax signal will not pass through the booster circuit. The park cable will work through the booster circuit. Ill reply back to confirm that it worked.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

I think my Alante is similar. Watching for your update!
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #4

The update! I did get it to work with the connection I stated above. This only works on the dinette TV. The outside and bedroom TV's hookup to the back of the booster board(Tan coax w/ yellow tap) to hook this up permanently you would add an A/B switch btw the booster board(TV ant/Cable) and the SAT TV input.

Dave