Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #21

Generator

2nd week after buying 2017 precept 35s. On a two week trip and then intend to take to service for some small concerns. Major question is how much should generator power? When dry camping, only one air conditioner, no microwave, and most outlets don't have power. Is this normal? Maybe an easy fix? With shore power, all have power. Thanks in advance
aceprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #22

Check the breakers on the generator. One is probably tripped.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #23

Your generator is a 5500 watt. Should power both airs and most everything else.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:48 PM   #24

Installed with padded double sided tape ... Awesome.
JacqueTanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:27 AM   #25

We have a 35s & it's the best couples coach ever. We aren't right on top of each other, can have guests & not be cramped. If my DW wants to take a nap, she can close the bedroom door, I can watch the living room TV, & it doesn't bother her. We love the king bed & thanks to JacqueTanis, we have a solution to the lack of nightstand problem. There is so much storage, most of it is unused, for weekend trips. We are so happy we didn't go with a smaller rig.

Jeff
cartpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:33 AM   #26

Our snow is now gone so we finally made the 300 mile trek to our dealer to have the PDI and drove our new rig home. It was windy but I drove 65-75 on the interstate and it handled well. Obviously drove much slower for the last 90 miles of 2 lane. First thing I have to do is clean all the bugs off that huge windshield.
Disappointing but the dealer could not tell me how to winterize the Splendide 2100 washer. Can anyone help me with that? Also, the headlights need some serious realignment. The low beams pointed almost straight down like fog lamps and the high beams were probably closer to what the low beams should be. I will be calling the dealer/Jayco tomorrow to figure out where I can take it locally to have that done. I figured out how to change the door code and finally was able to figure out that the key for the outside entertainment center fits into the keyhole both right side up or right side down but it will only turn it when inserted in one of those directions not both.
We have started to transfer items into storage compartments and cabinets. My DW is already making up beds and has officially let me know where my junk drawer is. We are looking forward to our first outing, whenever that might be, probably in May.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #27

Congratulations on your new purchase. There is a separate Precept forum, here

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html

There is 65 pages of great information & great people. It's where I read about the headlight adjustment. I had the dealer adjust them, before we took delivery.

The huge windshield is a "bug magnet" but you can't beat the view.

The lock, on the outside entertainment door, got me too. I thought it was broken, when I couldn't lock it, after showing off, to our daughter. I tried to order one but the parts guy, at the dealer, was about useless. I took it out, to take it to a locksmith, & figured out the error of my ways (I put the key in upside down). I felt dumb.

It's good to hear you're settling in. I know it was a real high point, when we got ours. We had the added bonus, of figuring out & bought what we needed, as it is our first RV.

We live in Southern California, so we can camp year round. We retired early & moved, to take care of my 89 year old mother (she's from Sault Ste. Marie), so we can't take long trips. We found a group that camps locally the 2nd weekend, of every month. Our daughter watches Mom & we get a break. Since we're "newbies", it's good to camp with veterans to show us the ropes.

Enjoy your new rig & join us, in the Precept forum.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartpix View Post
We have a 35s & it's the best couples coach ever. We aren't right on top of each other, can have guests & not be cramped. If my DW wants to take a nap, she can close the bedroom door, I can watch the living room TV, & it doesn't bother her. We love the king bed & thanks to JacqueTanis, we have a solution to the lack of nightstand problem. There is so much storage, most of it is unused, for weekend trips. We are so happy we didn't go with a smaller rig.

Jeff
So glad you got your "Night Stand Fix" installed. Great isn't it ... enjoy that rig. You should come to our Precept Campout in October.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #29

Nightstand?

Jaquetanis,

Were you able to get a picture of your "nightstand"? We are close to Hobby Lobby and I need to know what to look for.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
Jaquetanis,

Were you able to get a picture of your "nightstand"? We are close to Hobby Lobby and I need to know what to look for.

Thanks
I posted a picture a little earlier in this thread showing a picture of the shelf and I believe I also put the item number from Hobby lobby . If you cannot find it let me know and I will copy it out of the thread and repost it for you
Old 04-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #31

M

Saw your picture but was hoping you had a picture after installation. Does it fit up next to the window frame? You used double sided tape, not Velcro?
Old 04-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
Saw your picture but was hoping you had a picture after installation. Does it fit up next to the window frame? You used double sided tape, not Velcro?
We are still in Yuma, mom is at home - in hospice - we are coming home Friday. RV is in the shop still in NM. As soon as we get it will post a pic. I used that puffy double sided tape and the top of the shelf is tucked right up against the bottom of the window frame. It fits perfectly between the side window treatment.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:52 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
So glad you got your "Night Stand Fix" installed. Great isn't it ... enjoy that rig. You should come to our Precept Campout in October.
I haven't installed them yet (haven't bought them) but now I know what to buy. I am "testing" a wire mesh pencil holder but I like your solution, better.

The Precept get together sounds inviting but we are taking care of my 89 year old mother & can't go away that long. We do local 2 night trips, every month, with a group. Our daughter comes out (100 miles) to be with Mom. Thanks for the invite, btw.

Jeff
Old 04-10-2017, 06:40 AM   #34

JaqueTanis,

Sorry to hear about your mother, I went through that last June with mine.

Think I have the idea in my head now so we will head out to HL later today and check the shelves out. Thanks a lot.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:06 PM   #35

Attachment method?

Got my shelves today so I'm now on the hunt for a double sided tape or other secure way to install under the window. Thinking maybe either carpet tape or the 3M wall mount tape. Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #36

We used the large command strips. Way wife knocked hers off and reattached it with no problem. Mine has supported 1 water bottle and remote and my glasses. Much better than using the floor.
Coachhark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #37

New 2016 Precept 35S

I am looking to buy a new 35s. Should there be any conserns about buying a new 2 year old coach. It comes with full new warranty.
Tacouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #38

Yes, check to see when the tires were manufactured. Were the tires covered at all for the two years? Also, check everywhere for water infiltration and have it all hooked up (including waste to test the macerator) and have everything on the coach tested.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #39

King bed sheet size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
Welcome to the forum and the 35S family, we love ours. Let me know if you have any questions, we took ownership in April and have logged 2000 miles.
Do you have the king bed?
If so, what is the sheet size?
Frank1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:00 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank1960 View Post
Do you have the king bed?
If so, what is the sheet size?
We have a king bed & use king sheets. They fit pretty loose because the mattress is so thin. We plan to get a memory foam topper, to make it thicker. I saw someone using sheet suspenders, that go under the mattress & clip onto the sheet, to keep them in place.

Jeff