Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2018, 07:18 AM   #61

Handling problems can be solved by replacing shocks with Konis-then 4 sumo springs-then a rear trac bar-then a front steering stabilizer-100 psi all tires-alignment and your all set. You can try doing one thing at a time but from my experience it takes it all to be able to drive this like a car and not being sucked in and then thrown around when a semi drives past or you pass a semi.

So many problems with so many NEW rvs looks like a lemon law should happen.

Best of luck
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:04 AM   #62

Just an update to this. Jayco has had my camper for a total of 8 months now. I got it back in the middle, but it came back with more problems, and many of the same. They are having to replace the entire curb side wall, and so much more. I'm scared taking back the unit with all the rebuilding and repairs. Jayco rep has been doing his best to help me out, at least.
dlibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #63

WOW!, I thought I had a lot of issues with my Alante, but nothing compared to you. Most of my issues were small things that I fixed myself,except for the coach falling off of the jacks when you put the overhead bunk down,(mis-wired) and water running across the floor whenever it rained! (cracked roof). I also worked directlt with Jayco CS and they even sent me repair materials for the bad caulking and cracked roof, which I repaired. Getting locked out of compartments due to bad latches, couldn't fill fresh water tank due to kinked line, and on and on. Two years old and $5K I now have a coach that handles great on the road, no more 'push' and 'wander'. I think you are going to have to take it back to the factory to get a new roof and the other things fixed. My friend camped out at Tiffin for 2 months getting all of his issues fixed on a 250K bus, so it is industry wide. Good luck
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #64

Oh, it's at the factory. Been there a total of 8 months. My first year of ownership all but 2 months have been in service.
dlibson is offline   Reply With Quote