Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

31ul - anyone use the TV over dinette as PC monitor?

Seems like with a chair at end of dinette table the 40 inch tv would be perfect to use as a computer monitor.
cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #2

As long as your computer has a HDMI output (or a port, shush as DisplayPort that can be adapted to HDMI) and its GPU can run the resolution and aspect ratio of the TV, there probably is no reason you can't. I have my 32" TV cloned to the primary monitor of my home desktop computer.

Keep in mind that the resolution of most TVs will not be as fine as a computer monitor.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #3

How can you get to the vga cable connection since it is in the back of the TV? I couldn't reach it because of window treatments. I like that you can lower the table for a proper desktop height.
Evil Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
How can you get to the vga cable connection since it is in the back of the TV? I couldn't reach it because of window treatments. I like that you can lower the table for a proper desktop height.
I would hope it is accessible...not for VGA, but for HDMI ports so can use wireless screenshare (Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter) and also Chromecast.

Is it not accessible and also no room for these because of the dropdown thing it does?
Old 10-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #5

My UP has a Blu-ray player and an interface device in the cabinet above the TV. The Interface device allows you to select any input(like Blu-Ray)and play it to any of the three tvs in the RV. It has extra input ports. You could connect your laptop to one of the HDMI inputs and play it on the Main TV
suprstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #6

All connections are in the back and can't be accessed even by going in through window. Thinking about removing window treatments just to get the vga connected for 2nd monitor. I work in IT and need 2 monitors. However, will have to leave the connection to the TV and then it will drop into the cabinet when TV is lowered.

Any suggestions?

Precept 31UL.
Purchased October 2015
Evil Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
All connections are in the back and can't be accessed even by going in through window. Thinking about removing window treatments just to get the vga connected for 2nd monitor. I work in IT and need 2 monitors. However, will have to leave the connection to the TV and then it will drop into the cabinet when TV is lowered.

Any suggestions?

Precept 31UL.
Purchased October 2015
I'm also in IT and was thinking that dinette could be a sweet work desk using tv as monitor. Also looking at the Winnie 30t. 30t has the similar raise/lower tv but the inputs are accessible
Old 11-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #8

The Precept 35S does not have the same window treatment so the back is easily to reach.
towing Honda CRV
lilmoover35UN is offline   Reply With Quote