Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #1

Advice for New Precept Owners

We are picking up our 2014 Precept tomorrow. This is our very first motorhome. Any problems/issues we should be looking at right away?
barnkittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnkittie View Post
We are picking up our 2014 Precept tomorrow. This is our very first motorhome. Any problems/issues we should be looking at right away?
Well now that you've had it a month or so, what the word on your new Precept? I'm looking at getting a 31ul and would any/all feedback you might have...Thanks...Joe
JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #3

We've been on two trips and so far everything is great. Everything worked as expected except the black water flushing system. It leaked into the bathroom but we had it repaired and it worked properly on our second trip. This is our first motorhome so we have nothing to compare it to. That being said, we have tons of storage underneath and inside. The kitchen is a really good design; the double fridge/freezer with ice maker are really good. We have the tankless hot water heater which works great once you get the temperature set where you want it. If you set it too high and then try to add cold water when showering, the hot water shuts off and you get a cold shower. Better to set it at the correct temp and not add cold water. My only complaint, and it's very minor, is that the bedroom seems a little tight. I wish we had more room of each side of the bed. It's like sleeping in a closet. All in all, we're very happy with our 3lul.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #4

barnkittie where did you finally end up setting your dial at?...we have had our precept 31u for a couple of months and still trying to figure out the hot water as it vacillates between hot and cold
makers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #5

makers55 - I set the dial about 3/4 turn to the right, just inside the red zone. That temperature works well for me in the shower. Unfortunately it's not quite hot enough for washing dishes in my opinion. A friend suggested leaving the water heater set at that level and just adding a tablespoon of bleach to the rinse water for dish washing. Our tankless water heater at home has a digital monitor which allows a specific temperature setting. Jayco should consider upgrading the water heater to this type.