Old 08-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #91

Out of curiosity why did you choose the alante

Banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #92

Alante....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
Out of curiosity why did you choose the alante
Well, we started in the back of a pick-up truck, went to a pop-up, then to a micro-mini motorhome, travel trailer, 23" motor home, 26" motorhome, and now the Alante.

We looked at the Precept, but it just had way too much stuff that we didn't need or want. The Alante 31v was the smallest coach that we could find that had a bed that didn't fold up, lots of storage, and the TV is across from both the couch and the dinette. The outside TV is at the rear, away from the entry door, and the coach has 2 ducted air conditioners.

We camp in the south a lot, so the white color is great... it can keep the coach 15 to 20 degrees cooler than the darker colors.

All in all, it seemed just right for us. We'll see tomorrow....

2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #93

Well we picked up the 2018 Alante 31v today, and after a 3 hour PDI, only two issues. One was that the fridge wouldn't run on gas... but after purging the propane lines, it ran fine. The other issue was that nobody could figure out how to mount the front license plate holder. No holes or marks of any kind. Strange!

I'm going to have to figure out a way to move the drivers seat farther forward... I can just barely reach the gas pedal, and my wife can't reach at all.

When we got home and set up, the slides wouldn't go out. I had left the engine running (as I always do to give more power to the slide motors). When I turned the engine off, the slides went out fine... Is that normal?

The ride was good, just a little "wandering", and a bit rough. I'll try letting some air out of the front tires ans see if that helps.

The only things that I added were: The King Jack signal finder, tall porcelain toilet, dual Interstate deep cycle house batteries, and a thermostatically controlled ceiling hatch fan.

We LOVE the power control center!! Lets you run dual AC's on 30- amps, and tells you how many amps are being used at any given time.

And the BIG news... not one of the 3 TV's was a Furrian!! They are all Insignias (Best Buy Brand), so I don't have to change out the TV's. Happy days!

More to follow as we explore the new unit.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #94

Our Alante requires the engine to be off to move the slides. But the engine on to level the rig.

I think you need my Furrians
klspahr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #95

Great to hear not many issues ! I am itching to get one! Look forward to hear about your travels in the near future!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Well we picked up the 2018 Alante 31v today, and after a 3 hour PDI, only two issues. One was that the fridge wouldn't run on gas... but after purging the propane lines, it ran fine. The other issue was that nobody could figure out how to mount the front license plate holder. No holes or marks of any kind. Strange!

I'm going to have to figure out a way to move the drivers seat farther forward... I can just barely reach the gas pedal, and my wife can't reach at all.

When we got home and set up, the slides wouldn't go out. I had left the engine running (as I always do to give more power to the slide motors). When I turned the engine off, the slides went out fine... Is that normal?

The ride was good, just a little "wandering", and a bit rough. I'll try letting some air out of the front tires ans see if that helps.

The only things that I added were: The King Jack signal finder, tall porcelain toilet, dual Interstate deep cycle house batteries, and a thermostatically controlled ceiling hatch fan.

We LOVE the power control center!! Lets you run dual AC's on 30- amps, and tells you how many amps are being used at any given time.

And the BIG news... not one of the 3 TV's was a Furrian!! They are all Insignias (Best Buy Brand), so I don't have to change out the TV's. Happy days!

How is the bed in the front?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #97

Congrats on the new mh. If all you find are two issues in the next few months, then you need to buy a lottery ticket ASAP!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #98

Congratulations on your purchase. I love my 31V!!

Do a search on here about sliding the seat forward, easy fix.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post

Congratulations on the new Alante. Regarding the slide, there is a safety mechanism installed to prevent the extending or retracting the slide while the engine is turned on. It is mostly a safety feature to prevent inadvertent extending of the slide while the RV is moving. Enjoy the new RV, look forward to hearing about your adventures.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #100

Just found out about this group:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/g...+and+fans.html

Come on and join up,

klspahr is online now   Reply With Quote