Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #41

Handrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilo777 View Post
Hello there! Congratulations on your new Alante 31V. Your post could have been written word by word by my husband and I.....except we moved up from a TT. We picked up our Alante 31V on 3/31. So far we've gone on 3 short trips and absolutely love it. We've had just a few minor items adjusted/repaired by our dealer but nothing big. Our dealer has been great. We also added an inside handrail, which the Alante does not come with, to assist exiting the unit. Our best upgrade yet! We are so very happy with our purchase. My husband got ton's of outside storage and large tanks for boon docking. I got a huge kitchen counter top, more pantry, drawer and closet space than I can fill.
Hope you guys enjoy your new Alante as much as we have ours so far. :-)
We were also thinking about installing a handrail inside the door. Can you tell me what type you purchased? Maybe a pic of it? We have only been out once and are heading out again tomorrow. I love this unit! We did buy a shower head that has a shut off switch! Can't believe they didn't have one already. Our old Class C had a way to turn it off from the shower head. I hate wasting water and turning the knobs on and off each time messes with the temperature big time! So far so good!
delder63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #42

We took our 2017 Alante 26 X on its first 800 mile trip. This is our first time RVing. The first problem happened while descending a 4000 foot mountain with a 7 % down grade when the drivers seat came loose from the swivel pedestal. It was rock and roll and a white knuckle ride to the bottom to maintain control. When I managed to get to the RV park and take a look someone had failed to properly install the cotter pin in the castle nut thereby allowing the nut to back itself off. The next problem happen when the power steps would not retract and almost got torn off while leaving a camp site. The sensor on the door had fallen off the actuates the step motor. My wife had found the sensor the night before and not knowing what it was laid it on the dash. With some double stick tape from the RV park people I made the repair. Next was the latching lever for the swivel seat somehow got all bent and would not longer latch the seat. I called Roadside assistance and someone had failed to register our unit with them so they were of little help. I ending up getting a ride to the local town for tools a parts to make a temporary repair and to get home. We are now looking at other units and not by Jayco.
Deerlope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #43

Hello delder63. Glad you are still happy with your new Alante 31V. We just returned from our 4th camping trip, spending 5 days in the mountains. We still love our new motor home. We also switched our showerhead like you did. That was our first improvement.

The inside handrail we had installed is the same one they put in the Precepts. When I told our serviceman I wanted one he told me to look around on their lot at different units and see what I liked. The precept handrail was perfect. They installed it at the perfect heighth so I can hold it and slide my hand all the way down until I'm on the outside bottom step . Before, I was hanging on to the corner of the sink until I could reach the outside handrail. Not the best way to exit.

I'd be happy to post a picture for you, if I could figure out how to do it. :-) I'm pretty pooped tonight. The key thing is, is that I had them install the top of the rail about 3-4 inches above the counter top. Some that I saw were mounted much lower and you had to bend over to grab.

Hope this helps
Shilo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #44

Hello Deerlope. So sorry to hear that your 800 mile trip did not go so well. We will be taking our first extended trip to Canada soon. We are hoping that the short trips we have already taken will have exposed any hidden problems. I can understand the frustration you must feel. We had a similar experience when we purchased our last new trailer made by Forest River. Eventually, the bugs were worked out and we enjoyed the unit for 4 years and made great memories.

In regards to you not wanting to look at Jayco products.....Any company you purchase a motor home from is going to have it's share of problems. We have friends who bought a beautiful Fleetwood Southwind just a few months before we bought our Alante. We have gone camping with them 3 times. As my husband and I have had 3 or 4 minors issues on each trip, our friends have had one list of over 50 items, another around 15 and this week they have another 18 items. By comparison, we are thrilled that we bought our Jayco. In addition, we have 2 years to get things fixed.

Anyway....just a little food for thought. Good luck in your future traveling.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #45

I doubt I will live long enough to get everything that is wrong with it resolved. First the slides will not move either on batt power or shore power then its the awing. It going to take someone a very long time to find that loose wire or connection. I think the best thing to do with it is cut it down into a 5th wheel hauler. Maybe a cab and 3/4 with a small bed and a head.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #46

We just purchased a new 2016 model 26x . We like the layout , there are some minor issues but not gone anywhere yet to see how it is . We had a coachmen 2014 and were going to buy a new Leprechaun but the wife liked the Alante . The real down side I seen was the quality of the sealing of the molding . It looks like they used the fattest dirty finger tech they could find to do the job . Where ever the sealant fell it was just left and the driver side front cap molding was curved as if it did not want to fit so he just added more chaulk to force it to stay in place . They really need to improve this aspect of the coach .
Milo
mgr2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #47

Be careful of the front drivers side slide out, it can and will catch the drivers seat if the seat is all the way to the rear. My feeling is that there should have been a safety interlock switch that would have required to seat to be all the way forward. My seat belts hang up and bind in the wall holder if the seats are all the way forward when pulled out. Binding like they do will cause them not to lock up in and emergency. There are a few more things to look out for also.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:00 PM   #48

Deerlope....On our Alante there is a warning sticker notice right below the front slide out switch that states "Before operating the slide out check the position of the driver's seat to ensure operating clearance." In addition, the seat belt problem you described can easily be fixed by popping off the black cap and then adjusting the wall holder to slant towards the front of the unit at about the 7:00 position.....no more binding. Hope that helps!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #49

The warning label that I have was put there by my wife. Is this the norm for MH's to have to rebuild them after each use. If this is the case they are worse the snowmobiles'.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #50

next problem

My generator starts and runs great but there is no power coming to the breaker box. Anyone have any suggesting as to what/ where something has tripped out?
Old 06-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerlope View Post
My generator starts and runs great but there is no power coming to the breaker box. Anyone have any suggesting as to what/ where something has tripped out?
Did you get the breakers on the generator.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #52

I don't have an answer to that question, but why would an RV company put breakers on the generator so the owner would have to crawl under the RV to reset them. I am however just about to go out and crawl under it.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #53

Ok its a new day and there are no breaker on the generator. So there has to be a mini breaker tripped or maybe I have a bad transfer switch. Or a worse case is the generator has gone south.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #54

Bit my tongue

Just to the right of the gen start switch on the gen it a single pole 30 amp breaker. I doubt it is for line voltage but maybe for the printed circuit board on the gen set. Anyhow some way it got tripped off. Now all is well in the Northeast USA.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #55

My Wife and I are picking up our first Jayco tomorrow. We are upgrading from keeping an Aspen Trail Dutchmen on a resort lot, to a travelling Class A rig. We looked at many options and decided on the Alante. We are getting a 2017 31V from Ted's RV in Paynesville.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts as we were making our purchasing decision.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #56

We really do enjoy our Alante 31V. Obviously there are some issues but my sister bought a Winnebago 35ft Class A a week before us and they are having major issues....ours are minor issues. My husband just put supports under the shower because we were having a leaking issue and he felt that there was inadequate support under it. When you stand in the shower it has a lot of play in the floor....not anymore! Solid now! We have an issue with the guide rail screws on the upper bunk not being in very good but will get that fixed next. The fact that the emergency window in the back bedroom doesn't open for ventilation is terrible. Going to get velcro and screen and rectify that.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #57

Door Rattle

Oh the one thing that does bug me is how noisy the door is when traveling down the road. I know there is going to be noises and rattles, but the door seems to be extremely loud. Anyone have any issues or fixes?
Old 07-28-2016, 08:12 PM   #58

congrats delder63

Delder63,

Congrats on your purchase of your motorhome. we have the
Precept 31ul. Enjoy it. Have numerous minor+ issues
that get resolved by dealer - mostly electrical
(red bed slide wouldn't retract due to electrical
drop bed wont go down, outside radio not working.

the one thing we don't like is the finicky tankless water system.
but love the layout, the features for the price and it
drives fairly smoothly (as long as roads aren't too bad).

Curious what the "major" issues on your relative's Winny.

Mike
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by delder63 View Post
Oh the one thing that does bug me is how noisy the door is when traveling down the road. I know there is going to be noises and rattles, but the door seems to be extremely loud. Anyone have any issues or fixes?
We just bought a 31v. So far no major issues, but the door squeak is going to drive me insane. Going to investigate tomorrow I'll let you know what I find.
enjo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #60

Can you tell me the model number you used for the safe-t-plus stabilizer . I have the 26x it may use the same as yours but mine has 19.5 wheels .
Thanks
Milo
mgr2016 is offline   Reply With Quote