Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2016, 04:31 AM   #1

Automatic stabilizers/levelers

Do you store the coach on concrete with them up or down? And is ther a way to adjust them when they say it is level the front of the coach is lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #2

I saw the hail in Omaha yesterday - dang!!

You are in the class A forum so not sure what brand levelers you have? The Power Gear jacks used in Precept are certainly programmable and can quickly be re-leveled.

I drive onto plastic sheets so my tires do not touch concrete and leave jacks up when in storage. Keeping tires from touching the concrete keeps them from drying out the rubber and leaving the jacks up prevents any corrosion on the jack rams. I also cover my tires with those tire covers from Camping World.

Everyone seems to have their own method but that is how I do it.
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 AM   #3

As someone who operates (and stores for long periods) heavy equipment...

I strongly recommend leaving all the hydraulic rams retracted to avoid corrosion, dirt and scratches on the polished surfaces.

Also, make sure there is no residual pressure in the flexible hoses.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #4

Thanks I'm on the south side of the city so I didn't get the hail yes it is a 31ul Precept just picked it up last Saturday In Mississippi It is used with 5000 miles I still have a lot to learn about motor homes I've had pop ups TT and 5rs.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #5

I use plastic cutting boards from Wally World to park tires on. Anything to keep them from touching the concrete.

Here is some info I posted on re-calibrating the level system. It is very important to not shake or jiggle the coach during ANY time the jacks are working. The sensor is very sensitive and movement of the coach will confuse the system. Best method when setting up at a camp site is to have everyone step outside and wait while the jacks level the coach. You remain still in the seat until it finishes too. During the calibration procedure have one adult sit in seat and push buttons while another watches level and calls out corrections. Just don't move the coach for best results.

Here you go. . . . . .

Here is a quick way to calibrate your auto level system. It is made by Power Gear company and they work pretty well. You must keep ATF fluid full in tank. Use any ATF you can get.

During this procedure you MUST remain still. Any movement of the coach will abort the calibration or cause it to not work correctly after. It is best done with one person watching the level and talking the operator thru next step so no movement occures.

Start with engine running and jacks full up
Power on the system and wait for the wait light to go out
Press the front button 5 times
within 5 seconds, press the rear button 5 times - now the system is in learning mode and all lights should flash
manually run front jacks down until you lift the front of the coach 2 or 3 inches - watch close to be sure you raise it enough but not too much.
Put a level in the floor of your coach running front to back and raise the rear until it is level
Now turn the level side to side and use right and left buttons to level coach
Recheck the front to rear with level again

Once you are satisfied with the coaches' level press Retract 3 times to tell the unit to store this setting. All lights will go out except On and Off
wait 20 seconds for the unit to store the setting and time out. Once the on-off button stops flashing you are finished calibrating. You can power up and do a retract and then try auto level to see if you are happy. The procedure can be repeated as much as necessary.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #6

Thanks that worked great it sits level know. I just need to get the cutting boards.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:49 AM   #7

I had some PMs with questions about the level system. Some have re-calibrated (at home) and the system worked fine after but then when they went to another area (camping) and tried to level, the system refused to operate.

There are a few things to check in this situation;

First - there can be NO movement of the coach during a level session. None, zero. A gust of wind can jiggle the coach enough for the system to abort. If you have children running around inside or you wave your arm enough for the sensor to "feel" it, you will prolly not get leveled.

Second - the auto level system will only attempt to function if the coach is within narrow parameters to begin. That means if your coach is leaning more than a few degrees off level the auto system will not try to level it. If you are trying to level your coach and the auto function does not come on, go into manual mode and get the coach close to level using the lights on the controls. Once you get close you can shut the system off and restart it then try auto level from this new position.

Hope this helps those having trouble getting level.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #8

It was very windy that Friday I did make the family exit the coach. I will check after work.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:26 AM   #9

Still not working checked all the fuses after taking to the dealer and they referred me to Jayco customer service they are looking at the schematics and said they will call me back I'm sure they will take care of me.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:50 AM   #10

Roger at jayco customer service is sending out a new Control Panel I sure that won't work to fix my system. Jayco once again goes above and beyond.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:58 AM   #11

Darn AutoCorrect I meant to say I'm sure that will take care of her system once again Jayco did step up.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:26 PM   #12

Ok still messing around with getting my stabilizers to work properly I can get them to work know if I plug into shore power they don't work off the batteries or the generator. I thank my house batteries might be bad could that have anything to do with it?

Old 07-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #13

Only attempt to operate the level system with PARKING BRAKE SET and ENGINE RUNNING. Batteries alone will not maintain proper voltage and system will shut down.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #14

Yes mine will not work with the engine running the park brake on or the generator running. The only way they work is with the park brake on engine running and plugged into shore power.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #15

Finley got my stabilizers working I surrendered and took it to the dealership the electric motor was bad they rebuilt it and it works great know only cost $400.00